[FT] Hearts 1 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 34; Morelos 41)

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I thought it was clearly offside watching it live on the TV and was surprised that the linesman hadn't flagged.

Perhaps but could Levein have known that from the dugout area?

Regarding the linesman these things are over in a fraction of a second and if your line of sight happens to be drawn to something else in that fraction of a second then it's going to be missed.

I don't think things like that are so easily picked out as people who can view a large portion of the field in a small square in their living room think they are. Obviously VAR is the answer. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

It doesen't matter that the ball is on the ground as long as the keeper has control of it which he did.

Thats why it was a foul and not a goal. 

It has to be likely to cause serious injury or violent to be a red. 

We will win the appeal on this one easily yet again. 

We should have had two penalties and the extra time was a joke. 

The ref today was everything levein said he just got the team wrong. 

Levein does have a gripe with the linesman but he got ones wrong for us as well. 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's definitely an old feeling coming back.  The hatred opposition fans have for Morelos tells its own story.  He riles them up something rotten.

You can bet your bottom dollar the compliance officer calls him up for cupping his ears. Everybody does it but Morelos will get punished for it. He will be the first and last to be punished It will probably be timed to miss the Aberdeen game.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I don't think it was a red card, again! the ball was on the ground and Arfield played the ball

I thought it was a red.  Clumsy challenge.  Ball being on the ground is irrelevant if keeper has two hands on it and control of it.  He did, IMO.