Favoured Gers XI

19 minutes ago, pete said:

Funny I never even thought about McCoist. I suppose that is because he is the same as Goram for me in that it was when I moved to Holland and I didn't have the chance to watch matches as now. I was mostly glued to a radio with a poor signal. I suppose that impairs my judgement with all that era.

I really struggled with picking a RB and CB.

I’m 32 this month so Butcher was a bit before my time. (Although I watched my dads videos) but we have had some really good CB’s like Moore, Hendry, Amoruso, Boumsong, Weir and Bougherra to name a few.

As for RB’s - the first I can really recall is David Robertson. 

Here we go again. This XI will not be the same as my previous which was different from the one before.

Goram;

Caldow, McKinnon, Woodburn, Cox;

Greig (c), Gascoigne, Baxter;

Laudrup, Mols, Hateley.

For a he first time ever I had a split second hesitation about Goram. The goalie was always the easiest choice with Billy reliable Ritchie as backup. But this time I had a wee thought about Allan McGregor.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

He was LB.

And an awesome one at that. Like Goram we had Klos coming in and at LB Numan came in after Robertson, very blessed.

I do have the claim to fame of going to the same school as Robertson. Annie Lennox can say the same also ?

55 minutes ago, Gribz said:

And an awesome one at that. Like Goram we had Klos coming in and at LB Numan came in after Robertson, very blessed.

I do have the claim to fame of going to the same school as Robertson. Annie Lennox can say the same also ?

I think it was Robertson they called the Panelbeater because he got done for kicking a car door.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

I think it was Robertson they called the Panelbeater because he got done for kicking a car door.

Harlaw boys are in town na na na naaa..

Sorry no idea about that.