The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

There were rumours that Ayr'S Shankland was at Auchenhowie in the summer talking about a sign and loan-back deal. Went quiet but has resurfaced of late.

He's on an impressive run. Hit 4 of their 5 goals against DU taking him to 26 in 23 games. Yes that's in the Championship but even at that it's still impressive though doesn't guarantee he could make the step up.

Worth a punt considering the price should be a relative pittance given his contract will expire in less than 6 months and you would think he would be willing to sign for relatively low wages until he proves himself up to it. It would still be considerably more than he's on at Ayr. 

Rangers could lose Dapo Mebude as highly-rated striker reportedly rejects new Ibrox deal

The youngster was called up to first-team training before last Thursday's Villarreal game after catching Steven Gerrard's eye

RANGERS could lose highly-rated kid Dapo Mebude after he reportedly rejected a new contract.

Gers have high hopes for the teenage striker, 17, who has caught Steven Gerrard's eye for the reserves.

Mebude trained with Gerrard's first-team in the build-up to last Thursday's Europa League tie against Villarreal.

But the Light Blues risk losing the Scotland Under-19s starlet at the end of the season.

Mebude - who scored in today's 5-0 reserve win over Kilmarnock -  is out of contract this summer but has yet to make his debut for the club.

And Football Insider claims the youngster has rejected a new deal, alerting a number of clubs down south.

Mebude came through the ranks with Chelsea prodigy Billy Gilmour and Rangers don't want to lose another up-and-coming prospect.

Meanwhile Andy Dallas bagged a hat-trick as the Ibrox club's reserves battered Killie this afternoon.

Borna Barisic stepped up his injury return by playing the first 45 minutes, while Nikola Katic and Lee Wallace were also handed run outs.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3574427/rangers-dapo-mebude-new-contract/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1543851573

Absolutely not, re: Adam.

I actually think he is a very good player, or was; he is getting on a bit now. However, I think you need to build your team around him, like at Blackpool. From that perspective, it's a big 'no', for me.   

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Absolutely not, re: Adam.

I actually think he is a very good player, or was; he is getting on a bit now. However, I think you need to build your team around him, like at Blackpool. From that perspective, it's a big 'no', for me.   

Not even sure it was a rumour tbh, in a Sun interview they asked him if he would go back to Rangers and he replied something like you can never write anything out