The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Davies should be a cert for January, he's got half a year left at Soton. Pace is not required from him, but we need someone who can change a game from midfield and we have no-one right now. Another creative chap should be on the agenda too. Yesterday was all about switching tactics and pace and flanks and we simply failed to do that. I don't mind if the creatove chap stands in the centre circle for70 mins, as long as he unlocks defences and picks killer passes.

IMHO, we need two more strikers - and a change in tactics. We play Morelos alone and as long as he delivers, fine. If he doesn't or gets suspended, we have one striker who is given minutes every now and then, and another who doesn't even make the bench. Yesterday we switched from 4-3-3 to 3-1-5-1 and Grezda, Candeias and Tav all milling about on the right wing and Middleton starved on the left, all well covered by 4 or 2 players respectively. And Ejaria was strolling about like it was a u23 game and playing neat little passes with no pressing factor or penetration. I was flabberghasted that neither Halliday or Rossiter came on, as they sure have a more direct approach.

Anyway, we do need more strikers who also get game time alongside one another. There is not reason whay we can't switch from 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2  against teams that hardly threaten. It is December and we hardly do that. In days gone by people were getting annoyed that MW had his Plan A and never realy changed that. What we have now is a Plan A with better players, but rarely do we change it either. That might be good against better teams who want to play themselves. But against Accies, Killie, Livingstone or Aberdeen, it does not work.

BTW, people will scoff and he may probably never get another chance, but Pena might be someone for attacking MF too. Dorrans will come back some day, Arfield was also sorely missed.

Edited by der Berliner

I think Morelos is going to be another player who divides the fans from what I've been reading here and on twitter etc. I already see some saying sell him after last night.

Where would we be without his goals this season, and can we get in someone who is going to guarantee the same amount of goals or more?

I personally love the young guy, does he makes mistakes of course but I am at a loss that some of our fans want rid of him. He works tirelessly, gets stuck in and he creates plenty as well.

The whole team was poor last night, Shinnie should be ashamed going down like he did as it was a push at most yet he goes down like he was shot, very embarrassing IMO but Morelos needs to keep his hands to himself he gives the ref any excuse to get the book out.

We need another top quality striker to take the pressure of him as we are relying on him to much and hopefully we will get someone in January.

12 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

I think Morelos is going to be another player who divides the fans from what I've been reading here and on twitter etc. I already see some saying sell him after last night.

Where would we be without his goals this season, and can we get in someone who is going to guarantee the same amount of goals or more?

I personally love the young guy, does he makes mistakes of course but I am at a loss that some of our fans want rid of him. He works tirelessly, gets stuck in and he creates plenty as well.

The whole team was poor last night, Shinnie should be ashamed going down like he did as it was a push at most yet he goes down like he was shot, very embarrassing IMO but Morelos needs to keep his hands to himself he gives the ref any excuse to get the book out.

We need another top quality striker to take the pressure of him as we are relying on him to much and hopefully we will get someone in January.

I too am an admirer but unless he stops his nonsense and ceases being a liability,as he now is,in the way he leaves the team having to struggle a man down he is of no use.

I would hate to see him go in all honesty.

start fining Morelos wages when he lashes out, he'll soon stop it when he is getting hit in the pocket.  The lad has all the ability to reach the top but he will forever be held back if he doesn't fix his attitude out.  I wouldn't see him unless we get a stupid offer where the money can be reinvested.  He needs to stop putting himself in positions to give the ref a chance to send him off. 

Story goes Jones has attended our recent European games as guest of club

Him & Glenn Kamara of Dundee

Both bosman targets & may look to do January deal if can sign them up

Blogged it on Nov 17th

As I said just a story but there it is anyway

Comes from ID 10 on Follow Follow who I believe is also well known on the Gersnet and another well known Rangers website. Jones is Jordon Jones of Kilmarnock.

Latest reports from the Scotsman suggests that Rangers are interested in a move for Tottenham Hotspur left-back Jaden Brown. It is believed that the youngster could walk away from the North London club in January as he has struggled for game time and is currently behind the pecking order for the left back spot as Mauricio Pochettino has the likes of Ben Davies, Danny Rose and Kyle Walker-Peters for that position.

The same report also adds that the Gers have already inquired about the defender and he is likely to come at a nominal price given that Brown is currently in the final year of his deal at Wembley. One can understand why Steven Gerrard is after a left-back in January as that is one area where they have struggled of late.

Summer signing Borna Barisic has been impressive but he has been injured for the most parts of the season, and as a result, Jon Flanagan had to fill in his spot even though he is a right back. Former club captain Lee Wallace is nowhere in the picture, and the experienced fullback has been stricken by injuries ever since Gerrard took over the top job at Ibrox.

Wallace is in the final year of his deal, and there are currently no indications that the club would look to extend his stay. Therefore there is a need for a left-back in the current squad.

[IMG]

Brown has played for England at almost all youth levels and is currently an u-19 international with the Three Lions. The fullback has come up from Spurs’ academy, but it seems like he might have to leave the club without making a senior appearance for them.

His performance in the UEFA youth league and various other youth level competition has been impressive, and one can say he is going to be a typical modern day left back as he often finds himself on the goals and assists chart regularly given his offensive style of play.

That is what the Gers have lacked ever since Barisic’s injury as Flanagan being a right-footed player has offered little while going forward. Brown can be a perfect backup option for someone like Barisic, and we believe the Bears should go in all out to land this young Tottenham star in January. With Spurs having enough depth themselves in the left back position, we feel the English club shouldn’t have any qualms in selling him, and Brown seems to be a very realistic and achievable target for Gerrard.

On 06/12/2018 at 00:39, RANGERRAB said:

I’d suggest two strikers.Punt Morelos because he’s a liability & punt Lafferty because he ain’t up to it( wasn’t first time round either).

Wrt Lafferrty, we can't keep punting players after a few months because they haven't set the heather on fire, it's not viable.

Lafferty has probably 2 league starts coming up. SG and his staff need to come up with a way of playing that brings Lafferty into the game. If he does well at Dundee I'd start him in vienna and drop Alfredo, he needs to be taught a lesson.