The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, pete said:

Comes from ID 10 on Follow Follow who I believe is also well known on the Gersnet and another well known Rangers website. Jones is Jordon Jones of Kilmarnock.

When is the Jones link going to go away ??‍♂️ Kilmarnock are top because of Stewart, and he’s not good enough either. Kamara I haven’t seen enough of honestly but it’s a crowded position in our team and he doesn’t seem obviously better than what we have. Hope we’ll see more names coming up. 

Edited by DMAA

Just now, DMAA said:

When is the Jones link going to go away ??‍♂️ Kilmarnock are top because of Stewart, and he’s not good enough either. Kamara I haven’t seen enough of honestly but it’s a crowded position in our team and he doesn’t seem obviously better than what we have. Hope we’ll see more names coming up. 

Kilmarnock are top because of Steve Clarke. 

QUITE A COOP

Jake Cooper to Rangers: Steven Gerrard ‘refuses to give up’ on Millwall defender after sending scout to New Den

The 23-year-old was a key transfer target following Gerrard's Ibrox arrival in the summer but the Lions refused to sell

Gossip
By David Fowler
7th December 2018, 8:04 am
Updated: 7th December 2018, 8:24 am

RANGERS could reignite their bid for Millwall defender Jake Cooper.

SunSport revealed Steven Gerrard initially tried to snap up the stopper with a £3million bid last summer.

PA:Press Association
Rangers are set to go back in for Jake Cooper

However, the Lions refused to sell their star asset as Gers snapped up Connor Goldson, Nikola Katic and Joe Worrall.

But the Light Blues are set to go back in for the 23-year-old after chief scout Andy Scoulding travelled to London to watch Cooper in action against Bolton, according to the Daily Express.

Reports also claim that Cooper is said to have a release clause in his contract should the Lions suffer relegation or finish at the bottom end of the Championship.

Scoulding is also have said to have ran the rule over Bolton stopper Mark Beevers during the 1-1 draw at the end of last month.

Meanwhile, former Gers coach Jonatan Johansson has warned Alfredo Morelos he must stop seeing red.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Steven Gerrard warns red-card sinners they must start showing respect

The Morton boss insists it is important for the 22-year-old to keep his passion.

But Johansson says he must screw the nut after receiving his third red card of the season against Aberdeen.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3592164/jake-cooper-rangers-transfer-steven-gerrard-scout-millwall-defender/

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

Kilmarnock are top because of Steve Clarke. 

Yes, and Steve Clark signed Stewart who has 7 goals and 4 assists in 11 games including a fantastic solo strike at Ibrox. 

Just now, DMAA said:

Yes, and Steve Clark signed Stewart who has 7 goals and 4 assists in 11 games including a fantastic solo strike at Ibrox. 

Clarke is getting a tune out of Stewart but that doesn't necessarily mean the player has the mentality to play for a big club and if you look over his career, I'd wager that he wouldn't be a success at Ibrox.

At the sametime, I reckon Jones may just have enough of a gallus streak that may allow him to perform at a higher level.

If the price/contract situation was right I'd be tempted to recruit Jones for next season (Kent due to go back to Liverpool).

If we are serious about a challenge we need to be looking at guys like Davies and Solanke, guys like Kamara, Shinnie, Jones etc won't get us any further forward this season, although I do agree with buster, Jones might be worth a punt on a bosman for next season