The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

10 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Do we need another winger though? Methinks this is more to please the NI supporters than addressing our priorities, good player though he is.

I'd take him as a Bosman to replace Kent for 19/20.

At the sametime, trying to reduce dependency on loan deals.

Edited by buster.

Nominally, we have Murphy as a left winger, Kent as a left winger, and Middleton as a left winger. We still have Joe Dodoo on our books, who also is a left winger.

Jones could be regarded as a replacement to Murphy and Kent, when he's away in the summer. Methinks he is a more left-sided player than all the others, since all the abovementioned can be utilized through the middle or the right side as well, and have been already. I'd rather have natural players in their natural position (as in days gone by), than people being shifted all over the field on a regular basis, which can (and IMHO has) led to a lack of cohesion and understanding - something you would have seen with "natural players". I have no problem with shifting people in general - when necessity or injuries dictates it.

Hardie ... may still come good for us. He wouldn't have helped us much this season, as he was injured for a long spell. His days at Livingston will help him enormously. Obviously, as with Jones, scoring for these teams will be different as it is for us. Simply because Livi vs Hearts or Killie or Accies will be utterly different than facing these teams with us. He IS a natural finisher though and may profit from having a creative chap and a second striker of the quality of Morelos alongside him. We shall see.

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Regarding a target man, we might already have one but he's out on loan. Hardie got 2 goals last night; he could surely score in this league.

Hardie's contract runs out next year, he is 21 and is a goal scorer so a big decision has to be made by Rangers, I would like to see him given a decent run of games in our first team to see if he can do a job for us, however I can't see him getting that run in the first team, Lafferty isn't even getting that, but I would give him a chance, 21 years old, 6ft 2 and knows how to put the ball in the net.