The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Even better, Willie Thornton, Lawrie Reilly and Willie Bauld.

We had an International centre-half who could do his thing up front and score 20 before Santa even thought about getting out of his scratcher.

With regards to the Fran Sol rumour, I'm not sure tbh. We would be looking at £2million plus but what does it do to actually address our problems? Our main problem is not scoring goals IMO, our problem is actually creating goal clear cut scoring chances. It would be a different story if we were peppering the opponents goal and our striker couldn't hit the target but that's not the case. In the last handful of games, we have simply struggled to create any chances at all. When I mean chances, I mean 100% chances (too quote wee Dick Adcocaat). If we create chances Morelos will score. If we do have money to spend, I'd rather spend £400k on Shankland as a back up and then look to get creativity in the team. Not another midfielder that will pass sideways but someone who can see a forward pass and play with their head up. I don't think we need any more wingers as Barasic/Middleton/Grezda and Tav/Candias/Kent can more than play provide width.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Methinks Sol is out of contract next summer, so the fee might not be that high.

Yesterday showed that we still need a penalty box predator a la Boyd. Not of that much use in Europe, but knows the bread and butter stuff. I don't mind who he is and still think Cummings would be perfect for that role - and would break his gut every time he walks onto the field.Hardie too, perhaps. We need people who know their trade and do it well, "experiments" like a Sol or Solanke are nice to have, but to me are somewhat of a luxury right now.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Methinks Sol is out of contract next summer, so the fee might not be that high.

Yesterday showed that we still need a penalty box predator a la Boyd. Not of that much use in Europe, but knows the bread and butter stuff. I don't mind who he is and still think Cummings would be perfect for that role - and would break his gut every time he walks onto the field.Hardie too, perhaps. We need people who know their trade and do it well, "experiments" like a Sol or Solanke are nice to have, but to me are somewhat of a luxury right now.

Hardie had a good game yesterday for Livi. 2 goals and an assist I think.

Very impressed with that video of Sol tbh. He clearly has some abilities than Morelos doesn't. Also the fact he's out of contract in the summer makes him much more attractive but also much less likely we'd fork out for him now, he still wouldn't be cheap.

On the other hand we're playing 1 up front and if that isn't changing then we should focus our resources on a player who goes straight into the starting line-up.

Edited by DMAA

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yep. He's been out for months though and will most likely remain with Livi to get back to full fitness et al.

It's up to the player in what is left of the season to show he can consistently get a game and score goals in the top flight.

If he can do that then he at least gives SG&Co something to think about.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's up to the player in what is left of the season to show he can consistently get a game and score goals in the top flight.

If he can do that then he at least gives SG&Co something to think about.

Agreed, Hardie is in the perfect place right now and there’s no chance he’ll be recalled. 

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Agreed, Hardie is in the perfect place right now and there’s no chance he’ll be recalled. 

Thing is though, his contract is up next year so a decision will have to be made soon. It is a tough one to call, can he fit into our style? he certainly knows how to put the ball in the net! when you look at the likes of Sadiq then you would have to think he will be given a chance to see if he can play for Rangers!