The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's a balance between getting better value out of what we already have, youth and if possible, bringing in a little quality to address the 'middle to front' issue. 

Last year, we made good use of the winter break and came out of it bouncing  (Jimmy Nicholl being a big part of that IMO).

It didn't last though ?

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Was speaking to several ITK'ers yesterday and the new team is set to be.............

Alnwick

Polster............Halkett..............Cooper..........Brown

MacKay-Steven......Kamera.......Davis...........Jones

Shankland.........Sol

Only 10 new players? I'm already in hysterical mode! ?

Rangers captain James Tavernier is a ‘transfer target’ for Turkish giants Fenerbahce

Reports in Turkey claim the club's director of football Damien Comolli has sent scouts to watch the in-form full-back in action for the Ibrox club

The interest comes two years after Fenerbahce’s Super Lig rivals Trabzonspor failed in a £2.5million swoop for the right-back, brought to Ibrox by Mark Warburton.

Tavernier, 27, has become a fan favourite since joining from Wigan and was appointed Rangers skipper this summer.

His form in recent seasons has caught the eye of English Premier League outfits Crystal Palace and Brighton.

In August, West Brom wanted to take him on loan with an option to buy, a month after Gers rejected the Baggies’ £1.8m bid for the player.

A month later he put pen to paper on a new contract which saw him commit his future to the Ibrox club until 2022.

He said: “I am delighted to go through the window and still be a Rangers player, and I have obviously been rewarded with a new contract.

“So I am absolutely buzzing with that and it is thanks to the club and my representatives for pulling it over the line.

“I’ve always seen this as the place for me to play football.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3665439/james-tavernier-fenerbahce-rangers-transfer-target-news/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1545654667