The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We sort our midfield out in January , we win this league , it's that simple .

Every knew manager underestimates Scottish football ,it's  a war ,growing up watching Walters teams , I could ever understand why he bought so many midfielders. ,now I get it , I really get it , we need guys that will go again and again until they have nothing left , our midfield is gone ,Young Ejaria couldn't hack it , no matter the skill level , it's what's inside that counts .

I have always been against bringing people back ,but Steve Davies us and brainer for me now , SG needs Warriors  .

8 hours ago, rbr said:

We sort our midfield out in January , we win this league , it's that simple .

Every knew manager underestimates Scottish football ,it's  a war ,growing up watching Walters teams , I could ever understand why he bought so many midfielders. ,now I get it , I really get it , we need guys that will go again and again until they have nothing left , our midfield is gone ,Young Ejaria couldn't hack it , no matter the skill level , it's what's inside that counts .

I have always been against bringing people back ,but Steve Davies us and brainer for me now , SG needs Warriors  .

Bring in time travel and take Gerrard and McAllister back 15 years then we've got a shout.

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Looks like both Americans are getting deals 

Over on FF the rumour goes that the Tom Eaves deal is nearly done, as well as Davis' ... and also that some Craig Bryson is on the way north. Have you heard about any of those?

The one problem I have with Eaves ... will we finally start a 2-striker formation if we sign him and if so, why not do it with Lafferty? A bit of a conundrum ...

Gillingham play with 2 strikers ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-gillingham/spielplan/verein/2814

... and it would be another fail if we shoehorn Eaves into a role he is not suited for or hasn't played much in, much like we did with Waghorn, Garner, Herrera and Cummings.

Edited by der Berliner

BTW, Bryson play DM for Derby County and wants to return to Scotland. A real young gun at 32 and I had to smile whenlooking at his TM page, where they list two comparable players, Charlie Adam and Graham Dorrans ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-bryson/profil/spieler/22728

Sidenote: over on FF they say that he's supposedly one of them, not that it really matters these days with professional footballers.

Alfredo Morelos expects Rangers to receive offers for him as he opens up on English Premier League dream

Steven Gerrard has insisted the forward is going nowhere in January.

Alfredo Morelos has dropped an Old Firm bombshell by revealing he expects Rangers to have offers to sell him next month and insisting his dream is to play in England.

The Colombian hitman is the Premiership's top scorer and netted his 20th goal of the season in all competitions in the disappointing 1-1 draw with Hibs on Boxing Day.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has made clear he has no intention of selling the 22-year-old in the January transfer window, a year on from Morelos becoming unsettled when the Ibrox side rejected big money offers from China.

However, Morelos admits he is expecting further interest when the window reopens next week.

He said: "It's very likely there are several teams looking at me and that there will be offers, but there is nothing concrete yet.

"I have to wait until the last game of the year is played and will try to end 2018 in a positive way.

"My dream is to play in the English Premier League. It's very similar to the football in Scotland."

And Morelos, in an interview in his homeland Blu Radio's Blog Deportivo programme has stressed he's determined to add to his solitary cap he earned for Colombia earlier this year.

He said: "The national team is very important to me. It's in my mind all the time.

"I know that if I continue like this by scoring goals with Rangers, a new opportunity will come. I am aware that if I do things right, the call will come."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alfredo-morelos-expects-rangers-receive-13782243

Unfortunately I do believe we may sell Morelos next month & replace him with Solanke(on loan) & recall Hardie from Livi. 

My other guess is we’ll get Steven Davis on loan from Southampton for the final months of his contract there.

Just guesswork. But these signings would improve us in my opinion