The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I've liked Kamara for a while now. He always looked like one of the best young players in the league. From the videos, he looks like a pre-dip Coulibaly, but with more technical skill and composure. Along with Docherty, Kamara was always very high in the stat charts -- I still think Docherty has a future with us, going by what Gerrard said; two players very much for the future.   

Jones is a good squad player to get. He's been one of the top performing players in the league. He adds depth to our forward line.

Defoe excites me; simply for his name and career. I'm not sure where he'll play, but having his quality to add to our squad will be invaluable; at the very least just being around the players, helping the strikers -- top class striker in his day -- and he could help Morelos too. His general fitness and approach to training is allegedly second to none. 

And, Davis is exactly the type of player we've been crying out for. 

Superb start to the transfer window. Not much outlay, if any, good quality added, and squad players and options for the future. 

I'm impressed by the quick obviously planned well in advance activity and hopeful that these signings can make the difference in those games where we have been totally dominant, hubz away comes to mind as a perfect example, but just can't kill it off.

Actually i'm a shade more than hopeful. I trust in the wisdom of the management team to know exactly what's required regarding these flaws in our game. I expect the yahoos to continue their stumbling form of this season and if these signings can provide that killer touch in the final third then it's more than on.

When the biased media start to believe as they now clearly do I think we can all begin to feel a bit more confidence too. 

Very curious to see what Kamara is like playing at a higher level. His YouTube compilation suggests he’s a player who has the potential to do it all. His technical ability in particular seems well above average for a centre mid.

I hope we wait for Jones. Kilmarnock won’t let him go cheap just now and he’s not different enough to Kent. Strikingly similar in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Very curious to see what Kamara is like playing at a higher level. His YouTube compilation suggests he’s a player who has the potential to do it all. His technical ability in particular seems well above average for a centre mid.

I hope we wait for Jones. Kilmarnock won’t let him go cheap just now and he’s not different enough to Kent. Strikingly similar in my opinion. 

I’m not sure why we need Jones. Kent, Grezda, Middleton all play on the left? Kent may go back down the road so that may come into play?

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

I’m not sure why we need Jones. Kent, Grezda, Middleton all play on the left? Kent may go back down the road so that may come into play?

Kent reportedly wants to stay but at the end of the day that may be out of his hands and in the hands of the parent club. I don’t know when his Liverpool contract expires.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Kent reportedly wants to stay but at the end of the day that may be out of his hands and in the hands of the parent club. I don’t know when his Liverpool contract expires.

sure he signed a new deal in 2017 keeping him there until 2021.  doubt we could afford him tbh