The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

20 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Four strikers in the squad now with Morelos, Lafferty, Defoe & Hardie. All would very much expect to be in the matchday squad. Either Morelos is away or we're going 4-4-2/3-5-2, and we've already said Morelos is going nowhere.

3-5-2 would be mean Kent, Candeias, Grezda and Middleton wouldn't have a natural position in the team. 4-4-2 would leave only two central midfield positions despite having a lot of players in that position and having added one more. I think 3-5-2 looks very likely although I'm surprised given Kent is rated so highly by the manager.

A very interesting development which I really didn't see coming.

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Four strikers in the squad now with Morelos, Lafferty, Defoe & Hardie. All would very much expect to be in the matchday squad. Either Morelos is away or we're going 4-4-2/3-5-2, and we've already said Morelos is going nowhere.

3-5-2 would be mean Kent, Candeias, Grezda and Middleton wouldn't have a natural position in the team. 4-4-2 would leave only two central midfield positions despite having a lot of players in that position and having added one more. I think 3-5-2 looks very likely although I'm surprised given Kent is rated so highly by the manager.

A very interesting development which I really didn't see coming.

Maybe Gerrard just wants to run an eye over Hardie in the flesh and see how he is getting on.  Plenty time to loan him back out this month. 

Things is, injuries and suspension will sure come our way. And perhaps we should also expect that with Defoe, a 2-striker line-up will happen every now and then against the brick-wall teams. Should have been done earlier, but there you go.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Things is, injuries and suspension will sure come our way. And perhaps we should also expect that with Defoe, a 2-striker line-up will happen every now and then against the brick-wall teams. Should have been done earlier, but there you go.

There no way he’s brought Hardie back unless he has a realistic chance of being involved. He was banging in goals for Livingstone and strengthening them against our rivals. 4 senior strikers has to mean 2 up front surely. After all it’s very hard to see Defoe not starting alongside Morelos given how much he’ll cost in wages. And in my opinion he’s the perfect partner because his strengths are Morelos’s weaknesses and vice versa. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

The thread title has been changed to include signings, I wouldn't have started other threads!.

I like having the separate thead to discuss the player signed. 

I just thought I'd post the confirmation in here too.