The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I think Lafferty has been scapegoated. Every time we’ve lost this season people talk about how the team needs time to gel yet Lafferty l’s appearance have been gets late substitutions in games where we are already struggling, and a few games where he has deputised for a suspended Morelos. Lafferty is never afforded the charity of needing time to gel with his fellow players and get used to his position he’s just thrown under the bus and people want him gone. 

Edited by DMAA

Alfredo Morelos’ immediate future is very much up in the air after the Colombian hitman did not travel to Tenerife amidst hints from his agent Jonne Lindblom that a transfer is on the cards for one of his clients.

The Rangers squad has made its way out to sunny climes for their mid-season training camp, but the absence of the former HJK man raised many an eyebrow and while Director of Football Mark Allen has claimed the 22-year old will not leave this window, his non-presence at Tenerife airport has not helped matters.

And with his agent suggesting it was an exciting window and posting an airplane emoji while refusing to reassure fans he wasn’t hinting at one of his star clients, it has led to fans putting 2+2 together, possibly to get four.

Morelos clearly wants to play in the Premier League, and while Steven Gerrard has said he’s received assurances from the board they won’t sell his star player, we always knew a big enough bid would tempt even the most stubborn suits and unsettle the South American significantly.

It happened last winter too – the Chinese interest completely turned Morelos’ head and his form dipped dramatically as a result – if something similar happens again, it would be best for all parties if an agreement can be reached.

More as we get it.

Rangers star goes AWOL amidst transfer speculation

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is he AWOL? Is he not on a break in Colombia? 

South Americans playing in the Spanish league were occasionally late back (without permission) from their Xmas break.

It's a long flight and I had wondered about the possibility of giving him an extra 24 hours and having him go direct to Spain from Colombia.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I think Lafferty has been scapegoated. Every time we’ve lost this season people talk about how the team needs time to gel yet Lafferty l’s appearance have been gets late substitutions in games where we are already struggling, and a few games where he has deputised for a suspended Morelos. Lafferty is never afforded the charity of needing time to gel with his fellow players and get used to his position he’s just thrown under the bus and people want him gone. 

I agree, I think Lafferty just needs a goal or 2.