The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

My preference is to get all targets in as soon as possible and up to speed with our methods. We have a realistic chance of taking this title and a squad with as much depth as possible can only help.

Their barely concealed spitefulness gets up my nose too. But I don't want to be diminishing our chances of that longed for 55 and a crack at the CL group stages where tens of millions are up for grabs just to be as spiteful as they are.    

Regardless of the strides we have made, I personally feel that CL group stages are absolutely MILES off.  Better to temper your enthusiasm for them because Scottish teams will continue to struggle more and more to make the CL group stages.

9 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

My only change would be Katic for Worrall; simply cannot understand why he slipped down the pecking order, unless it is because of injury.

He was playing terribly when he came back from injury.

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

But that was AFTER he was injured, no? He was o/s in Europe I felt. And apart from the OF game, Worrall has wobbled a bit.

Yes, it was after he was injured.  But he was so poor that Gerrard had little option but to replace him - he would have cost us games had his form continued the way it was.  Worrall seems to be a bit of a scapegoat with some of our fans - I personally think he has done well, reads the game well and is physical.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

He was playing terribly when he came back from injury.

The Hamilton away game was his only poor performance.  The lad deserves a chance, particularly as he's our player and not a loanee.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Hamilton away game was his only poor performance.  The lad deserves a chance, particularly as he's our player and not a loanee.

No it wasn't.  He barely put a foot right after coming back from injury and clearly had taken a massive crisis of confidence.

He doesn't deserve to play if he is more at risk of costing us points than others - we keep this whole "play our own and not a loanee" has the potential to derail a title challenge if our own player isn't up to it or is out of form - or at least more out of form than the loanee.  

I'll happily let SG decide who is playing well enough to pick up 3 points and look to win the title.

If we can do a deal for Kent, I'd be over the moon with the outcome of this transfer window.  I was hoping for a number 10, but if the boss thinks Davis can compete with Arfield for that spot, I trust him.  For me, Kent is the future star of our team and we must get him sorted out now before his value rises.  I know he can be frustrating sometimes, but every time he's on the ball I feel he can do something.  He's the standard that guys like Middleton need to reach if they're going to make it.

Just now, Gaffer said:

If we can do a deal for Kent, I'd be over the moon with the outcome of this transfer window.  I was hoping for a number 10, but if the boss thinks Davis can compete with Arfield for that spot, I trust him.  For me, Kent is the future star of our team and we must get him sorted out now before his value rises.  I know he can be frustrating sometimes, but every time he's on the ball I feel he can do something.  He's the standard that guys like Middleton need to reach if they're going to make it.

Davie Cooper?

15 minutes ago, craig said:

No it wasn't.  He barely put a foot right after coming back from injury and clearly had taken a massive crisis of confidence.

He doesn't deserve to play if he is more at risk of costing us points than others - we keep this whole "play our own and not a loanee" has the potential to derail a title challenge if our own player isn't up to it or is out of form - or at least more out of form than the loanee.  

I'll happily let SG decide who is playing well enough to pick up 3 points and look to win the title.

My recollection is that he played one game and had a mare and disappeared afterwards.   The game is all about opinions and mine is that he hasn't been given a chance since his injury.   I stand to be corrected.

20 minutes ago, craig said:

What other games did he play poorly in, bearing in mind he's barely played since that match?