The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

32 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I wouldn't place much in any of those links.

Really? The Daily Record reported the Bryson link. I think they're normally pretty reliable. Although in terms of the squad we have it would definitely be surprising. 

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Really? The Daily Record reported the Bryson link. I think they're normally pretty reliable. Although in terms of the squad we have it would definitely be surprising. 

They also reported in the summer we were going to sign a 46 year old defender from west ham.  Also turned out to be garbage

7 minutes ago, Craigy1881 said:

They also reported in the summer we were going to sign a 46 year old defender from west ham.  Also turned out to be garbage

James Collins? That was the Sun. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Newspapers will get some right and many, many more wrong.

Transfer stories are usually click bait and often placed upon the instruction of agents.  Their links are usually lazy rehashes of unfounded rumour and, for the most part, you'll get better info from trusted fans on your forum of choice.  

51 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Newspapers will get some right and many, many more wrong.

Transfer stories are usually click bait and often placed upon the instruction of agents.  Their links are usually lazy rehashes of unfounded rumour and, for the most part, you'll get better info from trusted fans on your forum of choice.  

I avoid HITC and the growing list of similar clickbait websites which fit your description but over the last few transfer windows I've found the Daily Record to be reliable.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

They USED to be reliable as they had Kenny Miller constantly feeding them info.

Their information has dried up since a) Miller left and b) Gerrard has come in.

On 11/01/2019 at 10:20, DMAA said:

I'd start him ahead of Candeias in most league games in a heartbeat. Largely freed of defensive duties and given freedom to attack in a forward 3 I think you'd see him flourish like Aluko did when he joined from Aberdeen. He's turned defences inside out this season and we lack a left footed playmaker player cutting in from the right that would give us balance. Jones' strength is counter attacking, running onto the ball. Stewart's strength is gliding past defenders and slicing them open with through balls, not to mention finishing. Having said all that there's no suggestion it's happening so not much point in debating it further.

Candeias for me is by far a better player. 

1 hour ago, Dave M609 said:

A rumour going about Ravel Morrison, not sure if there is any truth in it, he has added a few of our players and the gaffer on one of his social media accounts and he is out of contract in 6 months

Talented lad but there is a reason he hasn't featured in many games and has been loaned out year after year. His attitude has let him down throughout the years and it would take a miracle to get a tune out of him IMO.