The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, Bill said:

I feel so deflated after last night that I don't think there's any transfer activity that would raise my spirits. Unless it's some of our players moving out. Seeing the way the fight went out of the entire team made the whole thing seem futile.

Agreed.  I woke this morning at 3.30am and let out a depressive sigh.  Woke again at 6.30am to go to the gym, remembered the score and lay in bed and just said "fucks sake Rangers".  I hate us losing any game but that one last night seems particularly tough to accept.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

Agreed.  I woke this morning at 3.30am and let out a depressive sigh.  Woke again at 6.30am to go to the gym, remembered the score and lay in bed and just said "fucks sake Rangers".  I hate us losing any game but that one last night seems particularly tough to accept.

There's a sickness about Rangers that's been evident since Walter left. The slightest thing goes against us and we capitulate and down tools. In every season since Walter left we have become progressively weaker as the season ran on. There's a distinct lack of steel, a huge lack of belief. We've signed too many powder puffs in recent years and no one currently epitomises this more for me than Tavernier. He's just about the last person I'd have as captain. God knows what Gerrard was doing giving him the armband.

Edited by Bill

57 minutes ago, craig said:

Yup

last night burnt a lot of good will with many in my humble opinion 

I’m severely pissed off today 

1 hour ago, craig said:

It was worse being there mate. 2 and a bit hour journey from Edinburgh on a minibus and not a drop of alcohol to watch that gutless display. As you say to go from such a high beating the Dhims to when Jones shot hit the net last night is galling to say the least. Just realised too - my pet hate with this thread is when its filled with non transfer stuff!!! I've just added to it ? 

15 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

It was worse being there mate. 2 and a bit hour journey from Edinburgh on a minibus and not a drop of alcohol to watch that gutless display. As you say to go from such a high beating the Dhims to when Jones shot hit the net last night is galling to say the least. Just realised too - my pet hate with this thread is when its filled with non transfer stuff!!! I've just added to it ? 

It's a legitimate transfer of emotions.

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Spent a fair bit of cash on the central defence this season and we seem to have one fairly solid and consistent defender out of it

I think it's too early to write Katic off. His dad is apparently unwell and is a big part of the reason he hasn't been playing. Gerrard will make sure Worrall learns from that mistakes and if he moves the ball on quicker in future the rest of his game is pretty good. 

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd say playing Kent as a number 10 tonight suggests I have been right since May.

We need a creative midfielder.  

Until we get one, we'll win f*ck all.

It offers scant comfort right now but there seem to be plenty "number 10s" coming through the acadamy for a change. Josh McPake in particular looks brilliant. Kai Kennedy looks very promising too. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think it's too early to write Katic off. His dad is apparently unwell and is a big part of the reason he hasn't been playing. Gerrard will make sure Worrall learns from that mistakes and if he moves the ball on quicker in future the rest of his game is pretty good. 

I'm not completely writing Katic off.

My comment was based more about the here and now of this season.

Sorry to hear about his family situation. It would appear as family circumstances for both Katic and Coulibally took a fair bit away from what SG had put together in the first few weeks of the season.