The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

It was worse being there mate. 2 and a bit hour journey from Edinburgh on a minibus and not a drop of alcohol to watch that gutless display. As you say to go from such a high beating the Dhims to when Jones shot hit the net last night is galling to say the least. Just realised too - my pet hate with this thread is when its filled with non transfer stuff!!! I've just added to it ? 

Just found out I have got Livi tickets from my bus too! Glutton for punishment loyal :D 

7 hours ago, craig said:

Agreed.  I woke this morning at 3.30am and let out a depressive sigh.  Woke again at 6.30am to go to the gym, remembered the score and lay in bed and just said "fucks sake Rangers".  I hate us losing any game but that one last night seems particularly tough to accept.

And there's you waking up in sunshine whilst most of us are waking up in the freezing cold. The only ray of sunshine for us in freezing cold Scotia is a Rangers win ?.

2 hours ago, les186 said:

And there's you waking up in sunshine whilst most of us are waking up in the freezing cold. The only ray of sunshine for us in freezing cold Scotia is a Rangers win ?.

lol.  Aye, was beautiful this morning, left the house at 6.45am and it was almost T-Shirt weather :D

Jonathan Johannson wants Dallas and GK McCrorie on loan at Morton, while we are supposedly looking at Andy Firth, a 22-year old former Liverpool goalie now at Barrow.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/scottish-football-live-celtic-to-sign-manchester-united-target-goalkeeper-to-join-rangers-hearts-boss-slammed-by-bbc-duo-ibrox-duo-set-to-exit-1-4862305

I have come to the conclusion that from now on, it might be better to debate actual signings than possible transfers and rumours. Ths silly week will surely be upon us.

I'm not sure I can see any point even thinking about more new signings at this time. Our big problem isn't a lack of technical skills or game experience. There's a malaise of character and determination that's plagued every team we've put on the park since Walter Smith left. Continuing to bring in new players will change little until we have a manager who's willing to sort that out. We won't win much until we do.

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Continuing to bring in new players will change little until we have a manager who's willing to sort that out. We won't win much until we do

Jock Wallace had managerial limitations but he would have been just the fellow for any one of the past six seasons.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Jonathan Johannson wants Dallas and GK McCrorie on loan at Morton, while we are supposedly looking at Andy Firth, a 22-year old former Liverpool goalie now at Barrow.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/scottish-football-live-celtic-to-sign-manchester-united-target-goalkeeper-to-join-rangers-hearts-boss-slammed-by-bbc-duo-ibrox-duo-set-to-exit-1-4862305

I have come to the conclusion that from now on, it might be better to debate actual signings than possible transfers and rumours. Ths silly week will surely be upon us.

I'm not so sure silly week is upon us dB.  At this point I would actually be surprised if we have any inward transfers - I get the impression, like the summer, that Gerrard likes to do his business early in the window.

I think we could be done for inwards transfers (wish we could get a #10 and a CB in though) although outward transfers (more likely loans) are always a possibility.