The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Rangers want far more than £8m for Tav & to be honest, much like the £7m bids pish, there is no concrete interest in Tav at all 

Polster is a CM & can cover RB, similar to how Reyna used too 

We won't get 8M for him, never mind more but no harm in the club inflating the speculative numbers.

Thing is, take Tav out of the team and you lose a hell of a lot that would be difficult and probably expensive to replace.

On balance and given how much we'd actually get from selling him, I think it better to stick and keep him at Ibrox.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

We won't get 8M for him, never mind more but no harm in the club inflating the speculative numbers.

Thing is, take Tav out of the team and you lose a hell of a lot that would be difficult and probably expensive to replace.

On balance and given how much we'd actually get from selling him, I think it better to stick and keep him at Ibrox.

We need to be clear about our business model 

Sell high after buying low 

Tav & Morelos fit that mould 

So doesn’t really matter what they bring to the team in terms of performance, once Morelos & Tav get the bids we deem acceptable they are off 

Morelos £15m + 

Tav £10m + 

That’s our business plan 

3 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

We need to be clear about our business model 

Sell high after buying low 

Tav & Morelos fit that mould 

So doesn’t really matter what they bring to the team in terms of performance, once Morelos & Tav get the bids we deem acceptable they are off 

Morelos £15m + 

Tav £10m + 

That’s our business plan 

Wrt Tav: ............A plan that ain't going to happen is a dream.

IMO Morelos is different and big numbers are realistic

Just now, buster. said:

Wrt Tav: ............A plan that ain't going to happen is a dream.

IMO Morelos is different and big numbers are realistic

It’s a dream to you, but realistically when you look around at what EPL players go for our valuations are realistic 

For years we have lost players really for a lot less than value, club stance here is good in my humble opinion 

But regardless, I still reckon it’s piss poor media nonsense anyway 

Just now, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

It’s a dream to you, but realistically when you look around at what EPL players go for our valuations are realistic 

For years we have lost players really for a lot less than value, club stance here is good in my humble opinion 

But regardless, I still reckon it’s piss poor media nonsense anyway 

Tav is a SPFL player whose main attributes are not defensive.

What EPL team that would consider Tav, (ie. middle to bottom league position),... wants a full back who isn't that good a defender ?

IMO his attributes are suited to a decent team in the English Championship going for promotion to the EPL.

I think max 5M but you might hike up the add-ons if you tie it to promotion to EPL.

Wasn't SG on record after the game saying that there is no confirmed interest in Tavernier?

The next few days will be filled with such garbage, and as Stevie has said, at the right price, people may go (if they want to). As for valuations ... those can be wildly off, based on a number of factors, e.g. how dire the need for a player is, what is there to spend, contract length, willingness of player to leave etc.pp.

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Tav is a SPFL player whose main attributes are not defensive.

What EPL team that would consider Tav, (ie. middle to bottom league position),... wants a full back who isn't that good a defender ?

I hear you, but actually that kind of full back is more popular than defensive minded ones even for struggling EPL teams. I agree he's not a £10m+ player but I don't think £8m is ridiculous. But I'd definitely take it because his value will only depreciate from here on in and to reject a bid like that (if it was to come in) would be a gamble.

Tav gets OTT criticism of his defending IMO, he has saved us defensively more times than let us down, sure he has made a few defensive errors but not as much as some make out, again only my humble opinion.

His best assets are his physical strength, ball control, speed, set pieces & his assists are outstanding. He is an excellent player. I will leave financial values to those who know more than me, but he is pivotal to us if we are going to challenge for the title, as is Morelos.

If we were to win the league how would that affect his value?.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Tav gets OTT criticism of his defending IMO, he has saved us defensively more times than let us down, sure he has made a few defensive errors but not as much as some make out, again only my humble opinion.

His best assets are his physical strength, ball control, speed, set pieces & his assists are outstanding. He is an excellent player. I will leave financial values to those who know more than me, but he is pivotal to us if we are going to challenge for the title, as is Morelos.

If we were to win the league how would that affect his value?.

Tav has been our best player over a period of time and is hugely important to the team.

Given our problems wrt creativity, I don't think it wise to sell Tav just now (unless funny numbers were bid).