The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

Tav has been our best player over a period of time and is hugely important to the team.

Given our problems wrt creativity, I don't think it wise to sell Tav just now (unless funny numbers were bid).

Correct, we do still have an outside chance of winning the league, I'm sure the board, manager/coaches & players will believe they can win it.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

I do agree with @Tannochsidebear but on the other hand I can't help but think that we need to be selling our top assets for big money in order to rebuild this club. He is 27 and possibly at peak value but he's approaching the age where your value falls off a cliff and people are only interested in a loan/bosman. I think Gerrard has been brilliant and talking up our players and I trust him to get good value whenever proper bids do come in but I think we need to be aiming to sell when big bids come in and put faith in our recruitment department to improve the squad with the money. 

He will still be at the peak of his value in the summer, even moreso if we win #55 with him as captain.

Keeping him till the summer is a risk worth taking IMO.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Wasn't SG on record after the game saying that there is no confirmed interest in Tavernier?

The next few days will be filled with such garbage, and as Stevie has said, at the right price, people may go (if they want to). As for valuations ... those can be wildly off, based on a number of factors, e.g. how dire the need for a player is, what is there to spend, contract length, willingness of player to leave etc.pp.

What does that bastion of perfect valuations have to say Tav is worth dB.… you know, transfermkt :ninja::roflmao:

Just having a gently joke at your expense :thup:

Jep ... I didn't look him up. TM's valuation is just some "in-house" stuff to have a measure for similar players. It excludes any market price stuff that will come into play, i.e. the "supply & demand" as well as buying power of sellers and buyers. But you know that by now, craig.

BTW, no-one knows whether anyone replacing Tav, something that will eventually happen, won't form a similar partnership with Candeias or provide a similargoals & assists ratio.

Edited by der Berliner

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Jep ... I didn't look him up. TM's valuation is just some "in-house" stuff to have a measure for similar players. It excludes any market price stuff that will come into play, i.e. the "supply & demand" as well as buying power of sellers and buyers. But you know that by now, craig.

Aye, was just playing with you dB :thup:

Apologies not a rumour, but I wonder if the club are keeping tabs on Jason Kerr of St Johnstone. Seems a very impressive young player who only has 18 months left on his contract. I haven't seen much of him but his goalscoring record suggests he's strong in the air and he's very highly rated. With Worrall returning to NF in the summer and McAauley's contract up we'll be down to Goldson and Katic so we'll need new centre backs.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/816273/st-johnstone-knock-back-low-barnsley-offer-for-jason-kerr/

52 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Apologies not a rumour, but I wonder if the club are keeping tabs on Jason Kerr of St Johnstone. Seems a very impressive young player who only has 18 months left on his contract. I haven't seen much of him but his goalscoring record suggests he's strong in the air and he's very highly rated. With Worrall returning to NF in the summer and McAauley's contract up we'll be down to Goldson and Katic so we'll need new centre backs.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/816273/st-johnstone-knock-back-low-barnsley-offer-for-jason-kerr/

Yeah, he's having a good season so I'm sure will be on the radar of a lot of clubs.