The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

The undervaluation of Morelos in the media is really starting to bother me. 

If Dembele can move to Celtic for 500k and then be sold for £19.5m - I expect nothing less for Alfredo.

Fortunately the board will make any decision rather than the media.

If others underestimate his value then that suits me.

I hope he never leaves.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Why is Morelos being sold even a topic of discussion? It suggests the gutter media still lead us by the nose in these matters.

I agree with you Bill but Morelos himself has sort of always said that he is at Rangers for the step up. It all depends on how happy he is. the last thing we need is a disgruntled player in the dressing room.

A bit strange this one as I can't see where he's going to feature as it stands.

Sure, the summer may see us lose players like Davis, Coulibaly and Rossiter but, right now, Kamara would struggle to get into the side.

16 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A bit strange this one as I can't see where he's going to feature as it stands.

Sure, the summer may see us lose players like Davis, Coulibaly and Rossiter but, right now, Kamara would struggle to get into the side.

That's true. I still think it's best if he comes because it means he's had 6 months to settle in and learn about the way we play and get to know his teammates before the start of next season, whether he actually features much or not. If Gerrard is thinking about utilising the diamond more often I think Kamara would be a useful player to have around too because he's better on the ball than Coulibaly and Rossiter who imo are both best as defensive midfielders. Hopefully Rossiter gets that loan move too,

Edited by DMAA

I believe he's refusing to play.  I guess Kamara for Rossiter (who I'd expect to leave on loan) adds a bit more creative balance but with 12 central midfield players currently on our books we need to make some big decisions in the summer.

19 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I believe he's refusing to play

I searched "Kamara" on the Dundee fans forum and they didn't seem to know whether it was the player or the club to blame and were debating whether he should be played. 

21 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I guess Kamara for Rossiter (who I'd expect to leave on loan) adds a bit more creative balance but with 12 central midfield players currently on our books) we need to make some big decisions in the summer.

It definitely does so I hope it happens. I think best case scenario for Rossiter now is he has a good loan spell and we recoup at least some of what we've spent on him, even if it has to be through loan fees.

I personally would like to end these transfer windows and just let clubs buy and sell the whole year round , imagine being able to only hire employees at certain times of the year your company could go up the swanee.