The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, compo said:

A question is there a limit to the amount of players a club can bring in on loan ,I think it should be limited at two . 

Only if they come from Scotland I believe

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

I was really impressed with his performance against Villarreal. He performed better than Goldson on every defensive metric. That was only one game but I think he's shown he deserves to feature regularly with in a rotated centre back pairing. It's a shame we probably won't be able ot keep him. Fingers crossed Karanka is still there at the end of the season and we might have a chance.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Turn your love ?‍♂️ to Middleton. Younger, technically more gifted AND works his socks off for his team. ?

Dowell is contracted to Everton till 2021 and below the article on him in the Sun, they also mention that Danny Welbeck won't be offered a new deal by Arsenal. Too bad that the English market is totally out of control re transfer fees and wages, unless you find folk like Goldson.

SG said that we look for a striker but I hope we actually look for two, one of a similar standard of Morelos and one (experienced but with more potential) back-up lad to Lafferty, with Shankland and Cummings again spring to mind. The 4-3-3 and Morelos' form will curb anyone's appearance numbers, unless we finally start utilizing the squad in certain games and play e.g. Laff and Alfredo up front, with the latter in a free-roving role (like he does anyway).

Yeah but no one does hair like Windass

According to a recent report from The Times, Oumar Niasse could be set for a move away come the New Year. The striker currently plays his football at Premier League outfit Everton and has done so since leaving Lokomotiv Moscow back in 2016, although a lack of regular game time under new manager Marco Silva this season has plunged his future at Goodison Park into doubt. 

And reports suggest that the 28-year-old might be let go by Silva come the January transfer window, which is news that should be of keen interest to Rangers manager Steven Gerrard, as the linked-away forward would no doubt aid his side’s push for the Scottish Premiership title.