The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

12 hours ago, DMAA said:

I’ve watched more of the Kamara compilations on YouTube. Have to say I’m getting excited about him. He looks like a player who will really excel in a team who have possession. Very technically gifted player and I think he could be a real creative force in the centre of the park and a joy to watch. Some of his skills are absolutely brilliant. 

Then you will have noticed that he's a good tackler and passer but he does tend to play deep. He's described on 'transfermarket' or somesuch as a 'defensive right-footed midfielder.'

Considering that our strongest need is for a no. 10 type I'm unsure how he will fit in. He's essentially competing with Jack, McCrorie and Rossiter. Unless SG thinks he can play further forward.

Despite all the rumours and insider knowledge, media "confirmation" etc, there is still no official word on any players (Defoe, Davis, 2 x USA guys) signing for the club. Just the 2 pre-contract guys announced yesterday.

Are there issues still to be resolved, medical or financial, or are we just waiting till we do an official presser prior to going to Tenerife for training? Perhaps SG is having a few days off with his family and isnt available to do the official unveiling yet?

Not worried (actually not worried if they even sign or not) just wondering why there has been nothing official on this yet despite being "done" for several days now?

I find a sense of relief that the stream of leaks from Rangers seems at least to have abated and the media is having to conduct its own rumour factory with respect to our club. I like it that no one at Rangers has taken part in the Defoe/Davis circus. I like it that we can trust our own people not to spin stories for effect. I like it that we hear nothing from Rangers until there is something to hear.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Then you will have noticed that he's a good tackler and passer but he does tend to play deep. He's described on 'transfermarket' or somesuch as a 'defensive right-footed midfielder.'

Considering that our strongest need is for a no. 10 type I'm unsure how he will fit in. He's essentially competing with Jack, McCrorie and Rossiter. Unless SG thinks he can play further forward.

Rossiter is done, IMO. 

I suspect he's a replacement for Coulibaly; the destroyer type that can play deep or as an 8. At the very least, he's one of the most promising youngsters in the league, so to tie him up for us is a great piece of business. 

It's certainly not 4 players vying for 1 position like you're suggesting. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Despite all the rumours and insider knowledge, media "confirmation" etc, there is still no official word on any players (Defoe, Davis, 2 x USA guys) signing for the club. Just the 2 pre-contract guys announced yesterday.

Are there issues still to be resolved, medical or financial, or are we just waiting till we do an official presser prior to going to Tenerife for training? Perhaps SG is having a few days off with his family and isnt available to do the official unveiling yet?

Not worried (actually not worried if they even sign or not) just wondering why there has been nothing official on this yet despite being "done" for several days now?

I don't think they've been "done" for several days. There is that usual tabloid tripe that gets bandied about, as you know, but nothing's been completed. 

Defoe was expected to take his medical over the weekend, and join up before the Tenerife trip. 

The Davis stuff is just rumour, I think? Southampton announced they'd let him go, and I think we're interested, but that's it. Hopefully, we're in talks.

The USA guys seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. But again, all we know is that they had a trial, or were on trial. 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think they've been "done" for several days. There is that usual tabloid tripe that gets bandied about, as you know, but nothing's been completed. 

Defoe was expected to take his medical over the weekend, and join up before the Tenerife trip. 

The Davis stuff is just rumour, I think? Southampton announced they'd let him go, and I think we're interested, but that's it. Hopefully, we're in talks.

The USA guys seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. But again, all we know is that they had a trial, or were on trial. 

Defoe has passed his medical in Manchester and will join the squad in Spain on Monday. I presume they will wait to do an official press release with Defoe with Stevie G on Monday as opposed to just releasing a pic today.  Stevie G is marketing gold for us therefore they will want maximise this announcement IMO.