The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Anyone else see the Defoe tweet?  He's here to win.

"Let's bring that trophy home, boss"

https://twitter.com/iamjermaindefoe/status/1081968845970173952

See the comment below? About how we're only six years old? How come no one thinks Newport County are anything other than the continuation of Newport County, despite being out of action for 6 months in 1989 I think it was. Maybe we should style ourselves the 'continuity RFC? That would spook them. ?

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

See the comment below? About how we're only six years old? How come no one thinks Newport County are anything other than the continuation of Newport County, despite being out of action for 6 months in 1989 I think it was. Maybe we should style ourselves the 'continuity RFC? That would spook them. ?

Aye, but about the trophy ...

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Murder MacLeod saying to Hugh Burns on Rocksport that Davis & Defoe are past it! they don't have the legs anymore! I hope they both ram it down his throat this season

Hope rather than knowledge.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Murder MacLeod saying to Hugh Burns on Rocksport that Davis & Defoe are past it! they don't have the legs anymore! I hope they both ram it down his throat this season

Wonder if McLeod thinks Brown is last it given he’s only 6 months younger than Davis ?

5 hours ago, craig said:

Wonder if McLeod thinks Brown is last it given he’s only 6 months younger than Davis ?

I wrote the following about Davis (and broon) back in October..... 

He certainly has been better than anything we currently have but coming up for 34, has he hit 'the wall' ?

He's played 6 minutes of League football this season after at least 13 straight seasons of consistently playing.

The obvious question is why can't he get a game for a struggling team this season ?

Co-incidently, from what I've seen of Broon this season, I think after a couple of good seasons, he's now hit that wall and if Celtic want to move the ball quickly, he'll struggle to get a game. I'd be surprised if they offer him a new contract.

Bottomline, the proof will be in the pudding for all signings, at all clubs.

For us, that pudding will come early after the winter break because given our schedule, we'll need to come out of the traps flying.