Craig Levein stokes Rangers referee row

Lifted from FF

As Rangers sit in the unprecedented position whereby we sit top of the SPFL yet bottom of the fairplay table it is truely astounding that there are still crackpots out there genuinely of the belief there is a refereeing agenda working against celtic to the benefit of Rangers.

One man in the firing line re these wild allegations is Bobby Madden. Unfounded online rumours suggesting madden once held a season ticket at Ibrox seems to have led to a campaign against him yet a quick look at his stats since our return to the premiership tell an entirely different story

Games involving Rangers 8
Games involving celtic 9

Rangers players sent off 2
Celtic players sent off 1

Opposition sent off v Rangers 1
Opposition sent off v celtic 2

Pens awarded to Rangers 2
Pens awarded to celtic 4

Pens given against Rangers 3
Pens given against Celtic 0

Break it down even more and youve got the needless yellow that he gave morelos that put him out the semi final and the leg breaking clare tackle on Sunday, i just hope this online onslaught against Madden isnt influencing his decision making against us

The whole thing stems from the fact that Levein never wanted to go back into the dugout he was happy with his upstairs job but the Cathro debacle left his club no choice he has already had a health scare and might be wise to move out before it kills him . 

If Levein wants to complain about referees that's his prerogative and one I have taken part in myself more than once already in this season alone. But if he really wants fair play all round then he has to be asking why this didn't get a red card?

videotogif2018120217141543770942.gif 

And further has to ask himself what he thinks would have happened in this game if that red card had been given and they had down to 10 men at such an early stage. Even when we went down to 10 men they still couldn't pin us back and still never looked like scoring while we still did.

It's swings and roundabouts. Some you get some you don't.

The whining about Morelos is absurd. He's kicked, pushed, pulled, poked, niggled in every single match and not all of that comes on the ball.  Then when he develops a response to that they want him booked? Get real.

Levein comes out of this one looking very bad indeed. His team were totally outplayed even by 10 men and this greetin' match wont change that.

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos’ goal celebration slammed by Craig Levein as Hearts boss blasts SFA ‘secrecy’
CRAIG LEVEIN has blasted SFA “secrecy” over ref complaints as he refused to back down on claims Hearts faced 13 men on Sunday.

Levein is livid that “abysmal” Bobby Madden didn’t dismiss Alfredo Morelos in the 2-1 loss to Rangers — and that a linesman missed the striker’s offside winner.
He has called for better lines of communication between the clubs and Hampden when managers feel they have a grievance.

Levein insists Scottish football is unique in not allowing open debate and discussion over flashpoints like those at Tynecastle last week.

Jambos boss Levein rapped: “Everything is covered in this secrecy. What other business does this?

“It’s a joke. There has to be accountability.

“For anyone to be good at their jobs they have to make mistakes, accept those mistakes and learn from them.

“If we want to foster better relationships between managers and referees, let’s be open and talk about it.

“Why are we not allowed to talk about officials making mistakes? As long as that continues then nothing gets better.”

SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte is currently scrutinising Levein’s post-match outburst against Madden and his assistants.
Former ref Steve Conroy has already stepped into the feud, and labelled the remarks as a ‘personal attack’ as well as ‘derogarory and demeaning’.

But Levein had Conroy in his sights yesterday as he repeated his astonishment that Gers’ matchwinner Morelos didn’t collect a card.

Levein added: “I don’t know why people are getting involved — particularly if they are talking a lot of rubbish.

“I think somebody needs to go back to school and understand what a personal attack is. Personal attacks are having a go at somebody’s character.

“I get angry at that because that’s trying to make it appear something it’s not. This is about last Sunday’s performance, nothing else.

“I detest people getting involved in something when they are just trying to stir it. They should keep their noses out.

“Only I know what I think of Bobby Madden and I’m telling you now, I think he’s a decent guy.

“But his performance wasn’t good enough last Sunday, and his assistant’s performance wasn’t good enough. I’m entitled to have my say about the officials.”
Morelos was embroiled in flashpoints throughout the game, and celebrated in front of Hearts fans after bagging the winner.

Levein believes the actions could have sparked trouble, just weeks after Hibs boss Neil Lennon was struck by a coin at Tynecastle.
He said: “I told the fourth official about it and said, ‘You can’t let them do that’, especially after what has happened here recently.

“I see players being booked for that all the time. It should be a booking for inciting the fans.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3580751/alfredo-morelos-celebration-craig-levein-rangers-hearts-sfa/

I agree with his point about transparency and accountability, however I disagree about his problem with the Rangers' players celebrating.
They did this in front of the Rangers' fans only, not in front of the Hearts' fans as Lennon did. How could they have done, there were no Hearts' fans left by the time they celebrated !

4 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I agree with his point about transparency and accountability, however I disagree about his problem with the Rangers' players celebrating.
They did this in front of the Rangers' fans only, not in front of the Hearts' fans as Lennon did. How could they have done, there were no Hearts' fans left by the time they celebrated !

Our players did celebrate the goals in front of the Hearts fans, brilliant!