New Gers store opens today (Saturday 8th)

I wonder if Cosgrove and Cowan will re-launch their, 'Stop the Shop, Stop Bigotry' campaign?

Seventeen/eighteen years past, they brought a St Mirren supporter(I think it was Pie and Bovril heid honcho, Div McDonald) into the Beeb studios to rile and rage against Rangers opening a pop-up store in Paisley, for Christmas. It was opening for six weeks and provided local undergrad' with seasonal work. Of course, Rangers being eternal perpetrators of hate crimes, it was to be opposed and the national megaphone utilised to do so.

The second half of the show had an idea whereby each caller/contributor was given a notional brick and a message card attached. The competition was for the wittiest two or three lines articulating objection to the shop. On being asked about notional bricks, they were quite clear they did not want listeners to take ideas from the recent Guy Fawkes night activities. It happened, the windows were bricked on the store a young undergrad dressing the mannequins in the store window was covered in broken glass. A visit to A and E ensued, for lacerations.

Cosgrove and Cowan have never mentioned the Rangers store since. 

Cosgrove and Cowan resemble fat, speccy geeks who still live with their mums.

Good timing with the store opening two weeks before Christmas. I'm sure they'll do great business. 

Edited by Gonzo79

Just back from the new shop a good bit lighter in the wallet , but well worth it another big queue just to pay for my shirts 2 orange and 2 white plus 2 juggling balls , keep taking it in at this rate we could make a cash bid for Messi in January ? :rfc: .