Alfredo Morelos: no quarter given, no quarter asked

Excellent article. First class analysis of the blinkered nature of what passes for Scottish football journalism and punditry.

Morelos understands why Rangers fans love him and why we cheer the efforts that he puts in for the team. That is what matters to him. Not blind referees or lazy incompetent hacks. Keep on doing what you are doing Alfredo. Then we'll see who's laughing at the end of the season.

Superb article, the like of which Jackson et al could only dream of writing, yet they continue to steal a wage from a soon-to-be-bust-hopefully gutter tabloid.

Make no mistake, this is absolutely 100% to do with keeping Morelos transfer value down as low as possible to prevent us from competing with the bheasts. While the Rhebel and others praise the likes of wee fat Forrest, new superstar Christie (2/3 good games in 5 years), and super-duper-star Tierney (while ignoring he cant defend) etc to try to ensure that the bheasts get top dollar (Dembele dollars?) from their player sales, they narrative always has to be to ensure we cannot get a good price for any of our players.

Agents, other clubs, etc all read the local papers for insight into players that come on their radar, and all they ever read is that tim players are all worth fortunes and Rangers players are worth nothing.

Until this is resolved, parity remains a long way away.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

In all truth I couldn't even name any of their strikers but would like to know who they are.  I looked up the SPL top scorers list which has Morelos at the top with 9 league goals and 4 assists and goes all the way down to Mickel Miller of Hamilton with 3 goals and 0 assists.

From Morelos at the top to Hamiltons Miller at the bottom 24 players are listed and not a single one of them are an Aberdeen player. ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

What a great reaction there has been to this article, and deservedly so.

If you were in the shoes of MSM professionals right now, what would you be thinking?

If you had any self awareness, or pride in your work, the first thing you would be hoping is that your boss didn't read this.  You'd be terrified that he would be tempted to compare your articles to something written by an amateur (hopefully @GSmiddy takes that in the spirit in which it's intended).  How could you justify your annual salary?  How could you look yourself in the mirror, knowing that you've never been able to provide anything close to that level of insight or writing, despite being in the industry for decades?  You'd be ashamed.

Secondly, you'd be terrified that your readership read it, afterall you'd be deeply concerned that they'd also compare and contrast with your submissions, and thereby conclude that it's better to gain the insight, analysis, and quality at Gersnet, rather than paying for something that's not even fit to wrap a fish supper in these days.

However, if you are young with an ambition to enter this world, or if you were one of those MSM "professionals" already, allow me to ease your concerns.  Your bosses would be unlikely to reprimand you, or insist on a personal development plan, so long as your accusations and diatribe (regardless of its accuracy) are negatively aimed at Rangers.  In fact, such baseless accusations are more than likely to result in a promotion.  Equally, you don't have to worry about your readership applying any sort of due diligence either, because almost all of them are desperate to read anything negative about big, bad, Rangers.  It doesn't matter if it's untrue, as long as it paints "sevco" in a bad light.

Fortunately for me, I am not involved with the MSM in any capacity, but I can tell you that I'm so embarassed for them.  Today's article has superbly set the record straight about Morelos, while also making a complete laughing stock of the various Scottish football 'commentators'.

I am quite sure that none of them will be available for comment, and none will be likely to have the time to respond.  Why?  Because they'll all be too busy praying that Morelos gets sent off tonight (before he has a chance to score), and that big, bad, Rangers lose to Aberdeen.  That's what keeps them and their bosses happy.  That's what keeps their readership/listeners happy.  It also means they don't have to find new forms of fiction to explain why this has been anything other than a superb start to the season for Morelos, Gerrard, Rangers, and us.  GIRUY

Edited by Gaffer