Rangers v Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Ejaria adds to this team except slowing the game down.

I like him so I was very disappointed tonight. Have to ask of Gerrard though why isn’t he playing further forward!? He adds nothing further back the pitch, leave that to Jack. Where Ejaria has ability is picking a pass in the final third (remember Rapid). He does have real ability but it’s not being used at all in a centre midfield postion. It was very obvious we need more attacking players on the pitch quite early in the first half. 

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Aberdeen came to play a spoiling game and it worked. Thank god we never got McInnes as a manager. Poor performance and again I don't see what Ejaria adds to this team except slowing the game down. Morelos had a shocker but that is what the press and media were playing for. He is a not the sharpest tool in the toolbox. Surely he knows by now that players are noising him up.

My patience with Morelos is diminishing by every yellow/red card. 

We were abysmal tonight. Wayward passes, lack of control, no composure. Morelos should have been subbed after yellow card. Too many forward players subbed on, the team had no balance. Ejario and Coulibally are not the answer, but we have no alternatives at the moment.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

My patience with Morelos is diminishing by every yellow/red card. 

I would excuse the lack of discipline if he improved his link up play. The amount of heavy touches, wayward passes and general givig the ball away wasn’t good enough tonight. 

I genuinely feel that much of our inconsistency of performance stems from our lack of consistent team selections. I know we've had injuries and suspensions but it seems we are making 3/4 changes every game. I don't think we've established a strong enough playing identity yet to cope with these constant changes 

Terrible performance from just about every player.

Only two showed any fight and that was Lafferty and McGregor.

Aberdeen knew exactly how to play against us.  Leading up to the Morelos red card I wondered if we had already went down to ten men.

30 minutes ago, les186 said:

Ejario and Coulibally are not the answer, but we have no alternatives at the moment.

I wondered if we would be better with Rossiter than Ejaria tonight.

As @pete points out Ejaria does little other than slow the game down.  It's great that the ball sticks to his feet but it's not proving to be much use to us.

Coulibaly continued to look terrible.  The ball is just bouncing off of him.  Good luck to Angers if they want £3 million for him.

Edited by ranger_syntax

21 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I like him so I was very disappointed tonight. Have to ask of Gerrard though why isn’t he playing further forward!? He adds nothing further back the pitch, leave that to Jack. Where Ejaria has ability is picking a pass in the final third (remember Rapid). He does have real ability but it’s not being used at all in a centre midfield postion. It was very obvious we need more attacking players on the pitch quite early in the first half. 

What fecking does my tits in is our inability to get to the by line or behind opposition defences. Considering we play wide men and have overlapping full backs, we never see them hitting the by line and getting balls across the goal area. It's the hardest ball to defend and it's no great surprise that about 90% of Man City's goals come from these situations. They rarely shoot or play low percentage passes. They engineer a way for a player to hit the line and play a pass back/across for someone to tap in.