Rangers v Aberdeen

24 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We really must sort out the LB position.

Presumably Barasic will be first choice when fit(soon hopefully) but we really need proper back up in the form of another LB instead of what we’re doing just now 

Barisic is the clear first choice.

Prior to his injury I was baffled to see threads elsewhere wondering who our first choice left back was.

Halliday is fine as a back up though.  Flanagan may prove to be an acceptable back up for Tavernier one day.  He is certainly not up to the required standard on the left.

If we had put in the display we put in against Hearts last Sunday, we would have ran over the top of Aberdeen. But the team put in an absolute dire performance tonight, Aberdeen had one or two shots at goal and scored with one of them, we wouldn't have scored if there was another 90mins of extra time, we were that poor. Hell knows what was going on in the minds of this team, but Gerrard needs to get into their collective subconscious and kick arse. 

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I think Ejaria is being scapegoated a bit. For me it’s a tactical error to go with three flat centre mids in a home game. It’s not his fault he hasn’t been played higher up the park. He did very little wrong other than not doing anything special like the rest. Call it a 4-3-3 all you want but it was a 4-5-1 and it was never going to break down Aberdeen. Contrary to what some have said the chances actually did come when we had more attacking players on but we didn’t take them and we didn’t create enough of them. 

Grezda was about the best player when he came on. He at least tries to take on a defender. That part of the game seemed to be missing in Middleton and we know it is not in Candeias's game. Gerrard was even screaming at Middleton to take on the defender. They were smart they let Goldson, McAuley and Flanagan have the ball but cut off all options they had.

I have no complaints about the Morelos sending off, other than thinking the first yellow was very soft.

However, I did think the Referee was poor, and played into their hands; he blew the whistle after every little niggle, and took half and hour to start the game again. 

We were poor, though, and didn't deserve anything from the game.    

This team never miss an opportunity to burst our bubble... :facepalm:  

Last night showed once again that we struggle against teams who sit deep.

Ironically Aberdeen are worse than last season and we are far far better but we can’t seem to beat them.

Motherwell saved us last night with their late winner. 

Edited by Waltersgotstyle