[FT] Dundee 1 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 21)

Onus is on SG and staff to come up with something (players/system) that will replace the goal threat of the missing Arfield and Morelos. I agree with Pete that something has to change wrt the attacking midfielder so we can move the ball up the pitch with quality and create.

I'd imagine Barisic will start but it might take more than a game for him to start to reach a decent level.

A resurgent Dundee at home will probably be a tricky fixture and it's got banana-skin written all over it.

One of several worrying things about the Aberdeen defeat on Wednesday was that SG said that the players simply didn't (or weren't able to) carry out instructions. This had better change on Sunday or things will start to go sour, quickly.

A hard game ahead always loved games at Dundee in my day they were a first class club with some great players,  but if Stevie G has kicked some arses we should get the points .

Edited by compo

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lafferty up front is seriously uninspiring.  I reckon we'll lose this one.

As opposed to Morelos, he's  a target man who can and will lay long balls off to attacking midfielders (if any), and he will shoot from distance. Anyone knows when we scored the last goal from around the penalty area? (I don't count Candeias cross-come-shot ? ) Likewise, he will be a different aerial threat.

56 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As opposed to Morelos, he's  a target man who can and will lay long balls off to attacking midfielders (if any), and he will shoot from distance. Anyone knows when we scored the last goal from around the penalty area? (I don't count Candeias cross-come-shot ? ) Likewise, he will be a different aerial threat.

Morelos last week was just inside the penalty box.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lafferty up front is seriously uninspiring.  I reckon we'll lose this one.

I can see where you are coming from a little but to say we'll lose is too far imo. If we can't go up to Dens and win - with or without our two main attacking threats, then we don't deserve to be in a "title race"

The players have to respond, they are owe us one after the other night I don't think many of us have been that impressed by Lafferty since he returned but its a chance for him to come in and prove a point. I hope Grezda starts too

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I think Morelos is overrated and Lafferty underrated on here. Lafferty is much better at link up play, holding it up and keeping possession. I’m keen to see how he takes his chance.