[FT] Dundee 1 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 21)

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

You can't blame one player when the whole team were a joke in that second half.

Goldson was culpable at the goal but did make a great tackle late in the game to stop us losing.

I don’t  think McGregor is blameless at the Dundee goal.

He either comes off his line & gathers the ball or leaves it to the CB’s & stays on his line. He did neither & was caught in no man’s land

McGregor is one of the best shot-stoppers in the world but his weakness is coming off his line

What I would like to see is more of the old one/two now give&go as in modern times which against even the most stoaic 10 man defence has a chance of opening thins up not the square dancing sorry passing we have seen in last two games v 10 men.

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t  think McGregor is blameless at the Dundee goal.

He either comes off his line & gathers the ball or leaves it to the CB’s & stays on his line. He did neither & was caught in no man’s land

McGregor is one of the best shot-stoppers in the world but his weakness is coming off his line

I'm sorry but that's complete guff.   two centre halfs in a competition to see who's the bigger diddy while Miller nips in and scores. 

we don't have a centre half worth his salt and they're getting found out as the weeks pass.

Chuck in the sand dancer Kent with coulibaly and ajaria,   im buggered if I know what any of the three bring to the team other than giving the ball away and tripping over their own feet.

We've got home grown players who can do a better job.  they couldn't do any worse could they?  Rudden and  the boy at raith rovers (  I will at this moment in time apologise and admit I'm in the pub on the wrong side of drunk and and can't remember the kids name) and give mcrorie a run in the team.

ps if we're looking for a new captain Andy Halliday is displaying all the credentials.   and he's the only one.

1 minute ago, gisabeer said:

I'm sorry but that's complete guff.   two centre halfs in a competition to see who's the bigger diddy while Miller nips in and scores. 

we don't have a centre half worth his salt and they're getting found out as the weeks pass.

Chuck in the sand dancer Kent with coulibaly and ajaria,   im buggered if I know what any of the three bring to the team other than giving the ball away and tripping over their own feet.

We've got home grown players who can do a better job.  they couldn't do any worse could they?  Rudden and  the boy at raith rovers (  I will at this moment in time apologise and admit I'm in the pub on the wrong side of drunk and and can't remember the kids name) and give mcrorie a run in the team.

ps if we're looking for a new captain Andy Halliday is displaying all the credentials.   and he's the only one.

just like to say I'm on a back shift on Monday and I'm on one.

19 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Sorry totally disagree. McGregor has to stay on his line or come & collect at their goal today. 

Regards the CB’s there’s been too much chopping & changing since the start of the season. Who are the preferred pairing ? (Where was McAuley today BTW? Injured ?)

And I’d don’t think Rudden quite ready for a run in the first team. He needs game time elsewhere at the moment which he’s getting at Falkirk & doing well by all accounts.

McCrorie I agree should be given a chance defensive MF in place of Jack who does little more than play 10-20 yard sideways passes as far as I’m concerned.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Sorry totally disagree. McGregor has to stay on his line or come & collect at their goal today. 

Regards the CB’s there’s been too much chopping & changing since the start of the season. Who are the preferred pairing ? (Where was McAuley today BTW? Injured ?)

And I’d don’t think Rudden quite ready for a run in the first team. He needs game time elsewhere at the moment which he’s getting at Falkirk & doing well by all accounts.

McCrorie I agree should be given a chance defensive MF in place of Jack who does little more than play 10-20 yard sideways passes as far as I’m concerned.

Agree 100% about Jack. I don't see what he brings to the table apart from 10 yard sideways pass on the half way line. He has zero influence on the game IMO. 

There where a lot of strange things going on today. For one I really didn't get bringing on both Middleton and Barasic. We ended up with 2 players firing in hopeful crosses from the left with the same end result. I also didn't get the Grezda/Kent/Candieas rotating axis. The players just looked confused

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard should pick a preferred CB pairing and stick with it.  

It's common sense.

Agreed. The only time we have looked steady at the back was when Katic and Goldson played together game after game. We've looked vulnerable since throwing Worrall into the equation.