[FT] Dundee 1 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 21)

40 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

We appear to know how to play with 10 men but not against 10 men, bizarre.

Have watched us on a number of occasions through the journey with our various coaches/managers and said to my son at these games none of them are able to adjust to playing in these games.

Unfortunately last two games have shown no change,Motherwell game being the exception.

2 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Chuck in the sand dancer Kent with coulibaly and ajaria,   im buggered if I know what any of the three bring to the team other than giving the ball away and tripping over their own feet.

ps if we're looking for a new captain Andy Halliday is displaying all the credentials.   and he's the only one.

Not sure why you are calling Kent a 'sand dancer'.  He was excellent for a while earlier in the season.

Also Halliday lacks one particular credential required for a captain; he can't hold down a regular first team place.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard should pick a preferred CB pairing and stick with it.  

It's common sense.

I think his preferred pair is Goldson and McAuley.

He has mentioned recovery time as a reason for rotation before.  If any player is likely to need recovery time then it may well be McAuley.  This could be why the manager feels the need to rotate.  If so then it will not settle down until we are out of Europe.

I think it shows how far we've got to go when Halliday is getting a start.  He would be nowhere near a decent Rangers first XI.  

Why we play with two holding midfielders against poor SPFL opposition is beyond me.

6 hours ago, compo said:

Let's hope Morelos keeps fit because he can score us some goals today's bunch could have played all day and  not got the winner. 

Pretty dire .

I can't remember him being injured yet.  Anyone?

Pretty sure we are only denied his services by suspension, sometimes self inflicted suspension.

33 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Have watched us on a number of occasions through the journey with our various coaches/managers and said to my son at these games none of them are able to adjust to playing in these games.

Unfortunately last two games have shown no change,Motherwell game being the exception.

We did adjust on Wednesday against Aberdeen. At HT we brought on Lafferty so we had 2 strikers on for the2nd half against their 10 men.

Unfortunately Morelos then got sent off.

Today we didn’t have a second striker on the bench to bring on after Dundee went down to 10men.

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We did adjust on Wednesday against Aberdeen. At HT we brought on Lafferty so we had 2 strikers on for the2nd half against their 10 men.

Unfortunately Morelos then got sent off.

Today we didn’t have a second striker on the bench to bring on after Dundee went down to 10men.

Surely we could have brought Middleton on and pushed Grezda through the middle as the second striker ?  Or even put Middleton on through the middle.

Middleton, to me, is an out and out old-fashioned winger who beats the FB& delivers balls into the box for the striker(s). When all he’s got to aim for is Lafferty his task becomes difficult if not impossible.

Not sure I’d play Middleton thro the middle as I don’t think he’d be as effective there.