[FT] Dundee 1 - 1 Rangers (Halliday 21)

A settled side will pay the best dividends all this changing is crap I know sometimes it cant be helped due to suspensions get the matches tied up then give other players the last thirty or twenty minutes .

And after this amount of time the manager should know his best starting side .

I thought Halliday played like Guardiola instructs Walker or Delph at Man City to play (I'm not suggesting he's as good as either of those). 

Halliday played inside, almost midfield, which allowed us to retain possession very easily -- and it also allowed Middleton to isolate his Full-back. 

When Barasic came on he played like a traditional Full-back, which clogged up that lane. 

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I thought Halliday played like Guardiola instructs Walker or Delph at Man City to play (I'm not suggesting he's as good as either of those). 

Halliday played inside, almost midfield, which allowed us to retain possession very easily -- and it also allowed Middleton to isolate his Full-back. 

When Barasic came on he played like a traditional Full-back, which clogged up that lane. 

I think that’s an excellent point. I thought Middleton kept receiving the ball at Aberdeen with his side of the pitch already crowded, whereas with Halliday on he was receiving it in space. 

Our strongest left side imo would be Murphy and Barisic. With an overlapping fullback with proper world class crossing, a right footed left winger is a good idea to run in and create space and Murphy has the quality and intelligence to make it really work. I think that’s why people are misguided to think that we’d get the best out of Barisic as a wing back. He’d have far more space behind a winger who pulls away the full back. 

Edited by DMAA

It's been too many points dropped, we should be topping the league. Though despite that I'm encouraged that we're still sitting in second with a game in hand over those directly below us and only 2 points off the top.

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It's been too many points dropped, we should be topping the league. Though despite that I'm encouraged that we're still sitting in second with a game in hand over those directly below us and only 2 points off the top.

2 points off the top but that top team also have a game in hand over us.....

2 hours ago, craig said:

2 points off the top but that top team also have a game in hand over us.....

Yep, and we need to beat them to help negate that. The fact we're still in there following what we all agree is a bad spell indicates to me that they're pretty much as inconsistent as we have been. This is eminently doable. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Yep, and we need to beat them to help negate that. The fact we're still in there following what we all agree is a bad spell indicates to me that they're pretty much as inconsistent as we have been. This is eminently doable. 

I don't think we have the quality of player yet to be consistent enough to challenge them.

1 minute ago, les186 said:

I don't think we have the quality of player yet to be consistent enough to challenge them.

Perhaps, but i'm going to remain optimistic until it becomes unreasonable to do so. Just a couple of players can make a massive difference and we're about to enter a window where it seems certain there will be some major activity.

And when Gerrard came in our most pressing goal was to see improvement. There can be no denying we are seeing improvement. This is the first time since we came back up that we have been contenders going into the break plus we have had an unexpected Euro run where we gave a decent account of ourselves.

I'm expecting/hoping that each window will see the improvement take further steps in the right direction.

20 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

20 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Form is always thrown out the window in an OF game... But have you watched us lately ???  Have you seen some of their results ??

19 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Perhaps, but i'm going to remain optimistic until it becomes unreasonable to do so. Just a couple of players can make a massive difference and we're about to enter a window where it seems certain there will be some major activity.

And when Gerrard came in our most pressing goal was to see improvement. There can be no denying we are seeing improvement. This is the first time since we came back up that we have been contenders going into the break plus we have had an unexpected Euro run where we gave a decent account of ourselves.

I'm expecting/hoping that each window will see the improvement take further steps in the right direction.

I love your optimism... but the reality in the last 5 years has belied that optimism.