IMHO, we should go ...

McGregor

Tavernier* - Goldson - McAuley - Halliday/Barisic

Grezda - Jack - Arfield - Middleton

Lafferty - Morelos

... in a somewhat dynamic formation. Jack as cover for the defence, Tavernier with a license to go forward, so we may switch to a 3-at-the-back (preferrably with Halliday then). Grezda, Arfield and Middleton to provide ammunition, Lafferty up top to keep them busy in their half and lay balls on to a more free roving Morelos.

I'd bet my bottom Euro that we will see Ejaria and/or Coulibaly though.

* Tav will play no matter what. And he is sure due a sterling performance with more than one decent cross, free-kick, or corner.

Edited by der Berliner

38 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Doesn't sound good. I'll be surprised if we see him on the pitch again this year.

That's the two European wide stalwarts of this campaign both out for Thursday (Candeias suspended) and we lose a lot of tactical discipline from the side. Considerably lengthens the odds of us getting awin IMO.

27 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, we should go ...

McGregor

Tavernier* - Goldson - McAuley - Halliday/Barisic

Grezda - Jack - Arfield - Middleton

Lafferty - Morelos

... in a somewhat dynamic formation. Jack as cover for the defence, Tavernier with a license to go forward, so we may switch to a 3-at-the-back (preferrably with Halliday then). Grezda, Arfield and Middleton to provide ammunition, Lafferty up top to keep them busy in their half and lay balls on to a more free roving Morelos.

I'd bet my bottom Euro that we will see Ejaria and/or Coulibaly though.

* Tav will play no matter what. And he is sure due a sterling performance with more than one decent cross, free-kick, or corner.

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - McAuley - Barisic

McCrorie  -  Jack

Grezda - Arfield - Middleton

Morelos

I think it's time Ross McCrorie was given an opportunity from the start to stake a claim for a regular slot.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

best news well get all day.  hopefully coulibaly and ajaria trip on the stairs getting on the plane.

55 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

best news well get all day.  hopefully coulibaly and ajaria trip on the stairs getting on the plane.

What a pleasant thing to say about Rangers players :rolleyes: (loan or otherwise, they are ours right now)

You should be embarrassed by that comment.

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

The loss of Kent over the past few games has been felt negatively.

As well as being occasionaly brilliant, he works hard and does a tactical shift and a half. Unfortunately, I think his body is telling him to slow down for a bit as it isn't used to so much intensity at this level.

Having Kent around would be preferable.  Having Candeias and Kent both out limits our wide options considerably.  

I hope Grezda and Middleton are up for it.

As for 10k Rangers fans going to Vienna, I'd stick another 5k on that.  I've never known so many people go to an away Euro tie.