Steven Gerrard has accused SPFL delegate Jim Neil of snubbing him

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has accused SPFL delegate Jim Neil of snubbing him – despite asking if he had any issues with match officials

The Light Blues gaffer says the match delegate walked off before he could answer his question about ref Alan Muir and his assistants.

RAGING Steven Gerrard accused SPFL delegate Jim Neil of bizarrely snubbing him - despite asking if he had any issues with the match officials.

The Gers boss was left fuming after Kyle Lafferty's first-half strike was wrongly disallowed for offside in the 1-1 draw with ten-man Dundee.

But he claims that when Neil asked if he had anything to say about ref Alan Muir and his assistants after the game, the match delegate walked off before he could answer.

Gerrard - who also slammed his players after they struggled for 71 minutes following Dundee star Nathan Ralph's red card - said: "The goal looked okay to me, good to me.

"The official delegate has asked me if I had anything to say about the officials, but before I could open my mouth he walked past me and left.

“I can’t say any more or I would get into trouble."He just said ‘was everything all right?’ and woooof – he was off!

“I’d have asked him what do you think of our second goal? And I’d have liked an answer.

“He must have plans because he was gone sharpish."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3602130/steven-gerrard-rangers-jim-neil-spfl-delegate-snub-dundee-draw/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1544396681

15 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

more proof of the total contempt we are held in by the SPFL & SFA. Do you think he would run away from Brendan or Neil? 

Never heard of Jim Neil, must be somebodys pal somewhere (and it wont be ours!)

No doubt about it! it is what we are up against! winning the title will be much harder than many think!.