The Ideology of Corbynism

35 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You remind me of a bloke I once worked with, a working class chap. "You can't 'ave cloth caps running parliament".  He would have relished Rees-Mogg, someone to defer to, someone 'born to rule.'

Corbyn is many things but "a working class chap" certainly isn't one of them is it?

If Corbyn does become Prime Minister it will be like watching a live action version of Animal Farm in real time.

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

If Corbyn does become Prime Minister it will be like watching a live action version of Animal Farm in real time.

Not really. You’ll recall that Orwell’s pigs introduced systems and methods and made the farm profitable before corruption set in. Can’t see a Corbyn government doing that.

11 hours ago, buster. said:

The off the scale, almost constant smear campaign directed towards him heavily suggests that various powers and influences want to preserve and further grow the 'status quo' that has served over four decades to shift more and more money and power towards the top.

11 hours ago, buster. said:

People have been brainwashed into thinking that offering real alternatives to the status quo is off the scale radical and dangerous, when the real danger is continuing down the same path.

Given the content of the original post I find these comments to be beyond parody.

Would it be worth asking again why the reported facts are always considered to be smears?

What is it about buster that makes him think that people oppose him because they have been brainwashed?

9 hours ago, buster. said:

Take the individual out of it and looking at ideology and the point I make about a continuous one corrupting the political system.

Do you think it good or bad that the 2 main political parties offer differing ideologies ?

The choice doesn't have to be between the free market and Marxism.

Especially given the widespread failure of any attempt to establish Marxist states.

Your common description of our political system as 'corrupt' is becoming laughable.  I think we all know that when you describe the system as 'corrupt' you just mean that you never get the politicians that you want. (boo hoo)

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

The choice doesn't have to be between the free market and Marxism.

Especially given the widespread failure of any attempt to establish Marxist states.

Your common description of our political system as 'corrupt' is becoming laughable.  I think we all know that when you describe the system as 'corrupt' you just mean that you never get the politicians that you want. (boo hoo)

So it's between the free market and...the free market?  When I was growing up the figure I always remember was 7% of the population owned 84% of the wealth (there was even a theatre company called that). Now, it's more like 1% controlling 95%. You think that's progress and wonder why people want change? The UN -the UN not a left think tank - says that 14 million children in Britain live in poverty: now is that not a fact,seeing you are so fond of facts?

17 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

The UN -the UN not a left think tank - says that 14 million children in Britain live in poverty

The UN is only credible if you want it to be.    

14 million?  Has anyone gone a bit more in-depth on this statistic?  

57 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

So it's between the free market and...the free market?  When I was growing up the figure I always remember was 7% of the population owned 84% of the wealth (there was even a theatre company called that). Now, it's more like 1% controlling 95%. You think that's progress and wonder why people want change? The UN -the UN not a left think tank - says that 14 million children in Britain live in poverty: now is that not a fact,seeing you are so fond of facts?

I am indeed very fond of facts.

For example the last census told us that Britain had about ~15 million people under the age of 20.

What this demonstrates, beyond any doubt, is that you don't subject what you read to any critique at all.  Could we infer the same about what you think?

This is even before we get into a discussion about how one really measures poverty.

Edited by ranger_syntax

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

The UN -the UN not a left think tank - says that 14 million children in Britain live in poverty: now is that not a fact,seeing you are so fond of facts?

What do they mean by poverty?

Not got the latest iPhone? Not got the full Sky package? Sambas but no Y3's? Only got an X-Box or Playstation but not got both?

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

Not got the latest iPhone? Not got the full Sky package? Sambas but no Y3's? Only got an X-Box or Playstation but not got both?

I have none of the above. I don’t know what two of them are.

I must be in poverty. I blame Mrs Thatcher.