SNP Minister “Shaking With Rage”

5 hours ago, craig said:

Don't tar all that have West Lothian roots with the same brush as that muppet.

Perhaps I should explain.

The West Lothian question refers to the late MP for the area, Tam Dalyell. The Labour representative was an opponent of devolution. Constantly, from the early seventies he drew attention to the equality of MPs ie a Scots MP coud ask questions and vote on matters exclusive to England, whereas an English MP had no right to do likewise under Devolution.

I am drawing a correlation between Hannah Bardell's right and left hands; and the imponderable West Lothian question, given she is the MP for Livingston.

Derek Mackay. Finance Secretary in the Scottish Government. A dildo who dropped out of university, a failed semi-moron with neither the intellect nor life experience to run a bath, let alone the finances of Scotland. Raised in the SNP house of hate, formed in the stifling fog of petty politics and on the run from reality ever since. A wanker of the first order and entirely representative of the party of halfwits running Scotland into a generation of division and disaster.

I read online yesterday that the higher rate for Scots will be 53% whilst in rUK at the same salary level it will be 32% (obviously this is at the margin, but still).  Havent verified it myself as I'm too busy right now.

That is an obscene amount of tax to be paying if so.  

I also read that Mackay was boasting about Scotland's growth next year being greater than rUK - but he rather conveniently ignored that for each of the subsequent 5 years Scottish growth lagged rUK.

Maybe I should stay in Bermuda....

37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm happy paying a bit more tax if it means an improvement in government and services.

Unfortunately, with the SNP in power, neither of these things are improving.  They are worsening.

I agree - however, for someone to lose more than half their salary in tax beggars belief, especially when those taxes are supposedly for services provided to the taxpayer and the quality of service is of such poor quality.

Aye.  It will end up the same as similiarly ridiculous hikes in the early 70s when the likes of Mick'n'Keef became tax exiles.

It may be ethical in some rather perverse way but it will negatively affect the economy in the long run. Businesses and ultimately jobs will all leave/suffer.