MSPs and the Celtic Cover Up

I’ve noticed on Twitter now that the common answer for an MSP response when they even acknowledge any post to them questioning their thoughts on the Paedophile Ring that operated at Celtic Park is;

“I’ve not heard of that, please email me”.

Now, I’ve seen two very high profile cases of this recently.

Firstly is from Humza Yousaf. This man is the SNP’s / Scottish Justice Minister. If there is anyone that is supposed to have their finger on the pulse of the courts and high profile cases, then he’s your man. So he apparently doesn’t know about the case. If he’s somehow missed it, then it’s gross incompitence.

Just yesterday, Hannah Bardell, the SNP’s Sports and Media spokesperson upon questioning by Helene Gray (mother of Celtic victim Andrew Gray - also same scenario for Yousaf) denied knowledge of the case(s). Again, for someone who is supposed to be focussed on Sport and Media, you would think they would be aware of the ongoing conveyor belt of paeodphiles being convicted, all operating out of Celtic Park. But, alas, no. Again, is it incompitence? Surely the chances of both high profile SNP MSPs in such prominent relevant positions can’t be that poor at their job that they miss these multiple recent and current cases?

It is of note that on these two cases, it wasn’t the previous stock response of “ongoing case, can’t comment” opt out.

It is also worth noting that Ms Burrell also copped out by noting that the questioner, Mrs Gray, wasn’t in her constituency. So even though she’s the Sports spokeswoman, she isn’t willing to take a question about the biggest scandal in sporting history as the complainant isn’t her constituent.

So the real question is - have the SNP got a party policy that upon pressure to answer this question they simply reply, “I’ve not heard about this, please contact me via email?”. Surely that must be the case? The previously mentioned “ongoing case” opt out is no longer valid.

Even more sinister, the pressure for these Ministers to avoid this topic must be so great that they are more willing to publically humiliate themselves and tarnish their professional reputation by publically feigning buffoonery than to even discuss what is all over the papers. Why are the SNP so keen to kill this story? If the SNP are to ever even consider getting votes from a large proportion of Scottish society, they must be seen as acting in a transparent and fair manner, and they are currently completely blowing any signs of acting in this way out the water.

Again, it is sinister.

Another point I wanted to make is;

The rest of the MSPs aren’t covering themselves with glory.
If the Conservatives or Labour want to show themselves to have any credibility, they must also raise their head above the parapet and ask the question as to why this hasn’t been investigated as a full case. 

These parties are in danger of losing any chance of vote from me if they continue to be complicit in this cover up via their silence, and I’m sure I’m not alone where this is concerned.

The recent petition, which was well intended but not executed in the best way, had tens of thousands of signatures. I’m sure this is a good indicator of how many votes are at peril if they continue to present this absolute horror story doesn’t exist.

What is even more dangerous is that the more they ignore this, the more likely it is to happen again. What kind of message does it give out to other clubs who stumble across this horror? The message it gives is that you may as well cover it up, because there will be zero repercussion. What is to say that this doesn’t apply to other large institutes? They will just use Celtic as a precedent.

I can imagine they want any contact via an email as they then have a recorded complaint. Getting involved in conversations that could end in a "He said She said" discussion. If I was making a complaint I would want to do it via an email so as can show exactly what has been said..

I won't hold my breath for Humza tweeting about this issue.  He does, after all, frequent yahoo slophouses when he's on the campaign trail.

He is Celtc-Minded, so will prioritise Celtc's reputation over justice for sexually abused children.