[FT] Rapid Vienna 1 - 0 Rangers

19 minutes ago, craig said:

Wallace has been in almost every picture session of the team training in the last couple of months.  Not surprising at all.  He is training, just wont be selected.

I know, but why take him to Austria.  It seems rather pointless if he will not be selected.

Like Rossiter, Wallace may have played for the reserves today in his efforts to prove his fitness.  He hasn't but it is he first time he's travelled with the squad abroad for a while so perhaps he's impressing the manager behind the scenes.

38 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

The guy is an ultimate professional but must feel gutted at putting the effort to be kept behind guys like Flanagan.

But allegedly he is NOT an ultimate professional, and hence why the club took action against him.  Wallace did a lot for the club and I wouldn't want to undermine that, but he was poor last season and the season before.  I think Flanagan is far from the quality we need, but I still think he's better than Wallace.  I suspect he will be offloaded in the January window.

Wallace and Rossiter are not listed with UEFA for the current round of games. Hence they won't play.

A few whispers (sic!) on FF that Ejaria might have been sent back to Liverpool after being late for training again. Not in any of the Vienna pictures for sure.

As for tonight, Rapid will sure take the game to us and play far more open than what we faced of late, so as SG said, it might very well suit us. Not sure who will be our central defence partnership or whether Barisic will play LB, and Halliday possibly alongside Jack in a deep-creator role. I'd hazard a guess that the attack will be Grezda - Arfield - Middleton and Morelos up top.

21 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

But allegedly he is NOT an ultimate professional, and hence why the club took action against him.  Wallace did a lot for the club and I wouldn't want to undermine that, but he was poor last season and the season before.  I think Flanagan is far from the quality we need, but I still think he's better than Wallace.  I suspect he will be offloaded in the January window.

Absolutely no way, IMO, is Flanagan better than Wallace as a left back.

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wallace and Rossiter are not listed with UEFA for the current round of games. Hence they won't play.

A few whispers (sic!) on FF that Ejaria might have been sent back to Liverpool after being late for training again. Not in any of the Vienna pictures for sure.

As for tonight, Rapid will sure take the game to us and play far more open than what we faced of late, so as SG said, it might very well suit us. Not sure who will be our central defence partnership or whether Barisic will play LB, and Halliday possibly alongside Jack in a deep-creator role. I'd hazard a guess that the attack will be Grezda - Arfield - Middleton and Morelos up top.

I'd suggest that isn't much of a guess given they are pretty much the only options we have for those positions.