[FT] Rapid Vienna 1 - 0 Rangers

Couldn’t agree morebmste. This lotvare shite but we are worse. What’s SG doing? His tactics are all wrong. We have not look positive for a long time. Gutted and when will questions start to be asked? I’m telling you-something isn’t right. ItscWarburtin football and tactics all over again. Awful to watch. Absolutely shite!

Well, the run is over and it's a definite missed opportunity.  However, lots of credit must go to the players and manager for getting this far so we must be positive.

Back to the SPFL it is and we have to start winning again.

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Not sure if the tactics were that bad tbh. With more quality and better decision making we could have had a decent result.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think the tactics were that bad. 

It was more the execution of it that disappointed me. We couldn't string two passes together.

We’re playing a bottom half Austrian team who have scored less goals than anybody else in the league (but have a decent defensive record) and we set up with three defensive midfielders and only one natural winger and one striker. It’s shocking. Of course we weren’t going to score. Especially after the last couple of games when it was very similar with attacking players thrown on when our opponents can afford to just sit in, are we learning nothing?

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think the tactics were that bad. 

It was more the execution of it that disappointed me. We couldn't string two passes together.

For the first hour or so the tactics worked fine but our final ball was poor (sometimes down to an awful pitch). A poor goal to lose afterwards and the game was done at that point.

I think we needed to change it earlier and that's the main criticism I'd offer.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Middleton needs a wee rest from the starting XI. Barasic more than capable of delivering good crosses from the left

Middleton is struggling at the moment. Really surprised to see him last the 90 minutes 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We totally lack the killer touch in the final third at the moment. 

Losing out to a really poor side like Rapid Vienna is hard to take. 

We’re better than that

It's hard to take but I'm not sure that we are better than that.