[FT] Rapid Vienna 1 - 0 Rangers

Disappointing tonight. It was a strange team selection and I don't think it worked. We desperately need a settled 11 and, especially at the back, pick a four and stick with them.

We did really well to reach the groups, but the actual group games have been disappointing.  Morelos disallowed goal in Moscow ultimately cost us

Concentrate on winning the majority of our league games until the turn of the year and hopefully sustain a challenge for the remainder of the season, especially if the mhanky mob go through

As Frankie stated at HT, we dominated the game with a solid MF, but over all created too little in their half. No wonder that. Was it a missed opportunity? Very much so. Rapid was poor up until they scored. They didn't need to do anything more, but man, that was some dire stuff from them and especially Berisha. What a tosser.

We should, no doubt whatsoever, have changed McCrorie and Coulibaly much earlier than we did, as WE had to score here, not deny them. Likewise, Middleton had run his race halfway down the 2nd half. IMHO, he has been given a bit too much game time for his own good.

People may be angry about it now, but honestly, only Spartak were, overall, beating us over two legs. And to see that poor band of Rapid go through is only due to their rather surprising win in Moscow. They will be chased back home to Vienna soon enough. And no matter what, any team we would have gotten now would probably had sent us back to Glasgow too.

Overall, what a run though. How many attempts did Souness, Walter, McLeish and Advocaat had before navigating these many games in Europe before being sent out?

Back to the bread and butter stuff now, as we need our players fit and injury free to do the real thing!

We've had our run we couldn't get a result against a poor Rapid side then again we couldn't get a result against Dundee no doubt it will be tinker time for our next game , oh for a settled side .

We need points in the league and we need some decent performances that have been sadly lacking after a decent start .

To be honest none of us expected this Euro run. Whilst it’s disappointing to be out it was great to have the European nights back at Ibrox.

Now we must focus on domestic matters & start winning more games.

I expect we’ll see a bit of movement in & out in January so hopefully we’ll get stronger again and push for the title

10 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

How many attempts did Souness, Walter, McLeish and Advocaat had before navigating these many games in Europe before being sent out?

All disappointed in Europe but let’s face it they’d have killed for games as easy as we’ve had. This turned out to be a gift of a group; all three have had their managers sacked and for good reason, Villarreal 17th in La Liga and you could tell, Rapid 8th (out of 12) and you could tell, Spartak 4/5th and were terrible at defending. A bit of bad luck here and there yes but we got what we deserved in the end.  I know some people don’t like the negativity so I’ll leave it there but I am so disappointed in our tactics tonight, not our players primarily.  

To end on a positive note; Jack, Barisic, Morelos and McCrorie had good games. 

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

To be honest none of us expected this Euro run. Whilst it’s disappointing to be out it was great to have the European nights back at Ibrox.

Now we must focus on domestic matters & start winning more games.

I expect we’ll see a bit of movement in & out in January so hopefully we’ll get stronger again and push for the title

I'll be ecstatic if we challenge for the title but I'll be happy if we finish a clear second.