[FT] Rapid Vienna 1 - 0 Rangers

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

We change every part of our defence except the one part that's crying out for a rest and hasn't put in a decent performance for weeks..

Agree and Sunday is probably the one and only chance of him getting just that before the break with Hibs, St Johnstone, Hibs again and then them to play.

Stick Flannigan in his correct position for a change.

As an aside, the Rapid fans were waving about 15 RSC flags, upside down, during the second half.

I realise this is standard 'ultra' practice on the continent (nicking opposition flags and putting them upside down in the ground) but how on Earth did they get so many of them?  

23 hours ago, barca72 said:

One goal in 270 mins. and that was from a free kick.
During that run our tactics have been crossing from the wings to hit the central marksman.
What happened to defence-splitting passes and one-twos through the middle?

Like I keep saying, it’s Warburton all over again!

In the last five matches I've attended, we've only scored in one (Livi at home).  

It does remind me of similar instances in the last couple of seasons.  

Creativity is seriously needed.  And is probably going to be difficult/expensive to obtain.  I hope Allan and Gerrard are scouring Europe to find a solution.

48 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I hope Allan and Gerrard are scouring Europe to find a solution.

Exactly, it’s not going to be solved with more Sportscene scouting with the likes of Jones

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

And who decided a few weeks ago that the long ball to a lone front man was worth another try?

Totally agree. If you’re going to do long ball at least have two forwards who can do something with it, Prso and Novo style. 

23 hours ago, buster. said:

Not unlike the past really.

Good start in group, followed by slide DWDLDL and exit.

Athough we've punched above our weight in Europe this season, this group has ended up being a real opportunity squandered or at least that is what it feels like.

55 countries enter European competition.

48 teams left in Europe

23 belong to Spain, England, Germany and Italy.

The financial gap keeps growing, it's getting to be like a different sport................ a reflection of parts of society.

Give up your sky\BT account and take Rangers TV. That is the only answer for all football fans.

PS, I mean for all clubs.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Give up your sky\BT account and take Rangers TV. That is the only answer for all football fans.

PS, I mean for all clubs.

Do you mean that all Scottish football fans watch Rangers TV? I thinks they should, you have got something there Pete ?.

1 minute ago, les186 said:

Do you mean that all Scottish football fans watch Rangers TV? I thinks they should, you have got something there Pete ?.

Would be good but I doubt it would work. Maybe a few Hearts fans that will donate tonight though. Top of the League? Budge has a different meaning now.:D