Ovie Ejaria: Returns To Liverpool

Ovie Ejaria: Has on-loan Liverpool midfielder had his Rangers deal cut short?
Ovie Ejaria has deleted his Twitter page, unfollowed Rangers on Instagram and has scrubbed any reference to the Ibrox side from his profile amid rumours he has had his loan cut short and returned to parent club Liverpool. The 21-year-old still follows Gers boss Steven Gerrard on Instagram, along with Light Blues players Glenn Middleton, Ryan Kent and Umar Sadiq.

However, rumours are circulating on social media that the midfielder has had his season-long loan deal cancelled and is on his way back to Anfield. Ejaria’s apparent omission from the Rangers squad that travelled to Austria to face Rapid Wien in tonight’s Europa League group match has stoked those rumours. He has scored twice in 27 games for the Ibrox side.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/ovie-ejaria-has-on-loan-liverpool-midfielder-had-his-rangers-deal-cut-short-1-4843678

Edited by ian1964

I know of nothing to fuel further speculation or otherwise, however one thing is for certain and that is his performances recently have been really poor.  He is an extremely talented player and I think we'd all agree with that.  When he first arrived he seemed genuinely keen to get involved in games, and make space for himself and others.  However now he just doesn't seem to move into space as much, and that forces him to then receive the ball with his back to goal, resulting in a backwards or side pass.  I suspect his performance metrics would show a deterioration in his movement on the pitch, but I can't be sure of that.  Furthermore, when he first started with us I was impressed at how much of a team player he appeared to be, especially with his skills.  Recently he appears to want to show a piece of skill before he releases the ball, and hence slowing the ball down.  These are symptoms of a change in attitude in my opinion.  I hope the rumours are untrue and that he isn't just another skilful kid that fails in the game due to his attitude.  He could be a great player, and I'd hope he'd show that with us for the rest of the season.  If he is off, I hope he sorts himself out.

His performances may have dipped recently, but I don't think, at least on the pitch, it warrants an early termination of his loan. 

Maybe he's struggling to cope with the demands? Strange considering he's a Liverpool player.

15 hours ago, Rousseau said:

His performances may have dipped recently, but I don't think, at least on the pitch, it warrants an early termination of his loan. 

Maybe he's struggling to cope with the demands? Strange considering he's a Liverpool player.

I think he has bags of talent and could flourish if positioned behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. 

However the way this is looking I think there may be more to this than ability. I think Gerrard has issues with his attitude and willingness to follow instructions judging from post match comments.