Ovie Ejaria: Returns To Liverpool

On 17/12/2018 at 10:01, Bluedell said:

Ejaria is a different player from the other 4 mentioned and brought something to the team that they wouldn't have done.

Pedestrianism?

Bambi on ice?

It certainly wasnt goals and the others would protect the defence as much. 

He wasnt awful i will give him that but loans remain largely a waste. 

I'm not convinced this is what happened.  Gerrard clearly wasn't happy with Ejaria on a few occasions recently so I wonder if this is the manager coming up with a more publicly acceptable reason for him going.  Afterall, Liverpool wouldn't want their player being chastised in public.  This way it just looks like he couldn't settle and preserves his value.  I don't buy that though.  Usually if something doesn't make sense, it's not true.  The boy had a one year loan deal.  He could even have just stayed until the January window to avoid any issue, so to leave just before some major games and just two weeks before the end of the year is more than a little suspicious.  This is where we needed Miller in the dressing room so that we could read the real story in the Record.

On 16/12/2018 at 10:35, buster. said:

The problem is that it's become very predictable and in the vast majority of cases, it isn't working.

Ryan Kent is the one (current loan) that so far bucks the trend but a judgement on his season still has a way to go.

I don't like the idea that loan players from certain clubs need to get X% of minutes and more importantly, I doubt some of our own players like it either.

23 games with 3 goals and 1 assist is hardly bucking the trend.

15 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Pedestrianism?

Bambi on ice?

It certainly wasnt goals and the others would protect the defence as much. 

He wasnt awful i will give him that but loans remain largely a waste. 

Did you see the midfield against Hibs?  3 players whose natural instinct is to be a sitting midfielder. We've got loads of players to protect the defence.

What we don't have right now are midfielders who want to play further forward in the midfield V formation that Gerrard favours and it's impacting our whole play. 

Yes, there were flaws to his game but he offered something different which we're sadly lacking at the moment. The fact that he was a loan deal is an irrelevance. 

On 28/12/2018 at 17:36, gisabeer said:

year after year we continually overlook our own youth players bringing in mediocrity in their place.

our own players could have done as much as Kent coulibaly and co,  and it would have cost us any money either.

Kent was one of our best players today.  Seems he made a fool of you too...

12 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Did you see the midfield against Hibs?  3 players whose natural instinct is to be a sitting midfielder. We've got loads of players to protect the defence.

What we don't have right now are midfielders who want to play further forward in the midfield V formation that Gerrard favours and it's impacting our whole play. 

Yes, there were flaws to his game but he offered something different which we're sadly lacking at the moment. The fact that he was a loan deal is an irrelevance. 

He offered no more going forward than jack or mccrorie if you ask me. 

The stats pretty much back that up. 

We do have to many defensive mids he was just another one. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

He offered no more going forward than jack or mccrorie if you ask me. 

The stats pretty much back that up. 

We do have to many defensive mids he was just another one. 

Stats?  I'd prefer my own eyes. 

Defensive mid?  Wow. Seriously?