Ovie Ejaria: Returns To Liverpool

14 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Good luck to the boy but I see it as a good thing for us as he fits into the same vein as Zalelam and Oduwa obviously some talent but not suited to game in Scotland.

If you go through the list of young players we've had on loan from 'big' English clubs,...............you have to question the policy when set against developing your own players.

1 hour ago, compo said:

At 21 he should have been ready to fight for a place at Anfield but they let him go up to Glasgow in the hope of offloading him for a nice fee 

He had just signed a 5 year deal at Liverpool before arriving with us, so I don't think that's it. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

He had just signed a 5 year deal at Liverpool before arriving with us, so I don't think that's it. 

Surprisingly long deal considering !

I've nearly as much chance of becoming a Liverpool regular first team starter as Ovie has.

A degree of talent isn't enough at a big club.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Surprisingly long deal considering !

I've nearly as much chance of becoming a Liverpool regular first team starter as Ovie has.

A degree of talent isn't enough at a big club.

It shows they thought he has talent and potential. 

Somehow, I doubt that... :D 

I thought the reason he returns to Liverpool was because he's unsettled, missing his family and home? He'll be more comfortable at Liverpool. He's a youngster so I'd expect that -- 21 year-old's nowadays are not as mature / experienced as those from a few decades ago. 

However, seeing him play for us, I'm not sure he fits into Klopp's philosophy.

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It shows they thought he has talent and potential. 

Somehow, I doubt that... :D 

I thought the reason he returns to Liverpool was because he's unsettled, missing his family and home? He'll be more comfortable at Liverpool. He's a youngster so I'd expect that -- 21 year-old's nowadays are not as mature / experienced as those from a few decades ago. 

However, seeing him play for us, I'm not sure he fits into Klopp's philosophy.

Past loan deals for youngsters from big clubs (IMO Roma and Benfica are big clubs)

Oduwa

Zelalem

Ball

Dalcio

Sadiq

Toral

Ejaria

I can see a pattern that we get players that will never make it at parent club.

I think we'd be better off developing our own players.

eg. Ejaria might have more footballing talent than Ross McCrorie but he hasn't got the same size of cojones or understanding of the club. The likes of McCrorie should be our future and they need games. Bringing in 'talent' without the right mindset won't take us forward.

Edited by buster.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Past loan deals for youngsters from big clubs (IMO Roma and Benfica are big clubs)

Oduwa

Zelalem

Ball

Dalcio

Sadiq

Toral

Ejaria

I can see a pattern that we get players that will never make it at parent club.

I think we'd be better off developing our own players.

(I'm not sure Dalcio counts, as he was Benfica B, wasn't he?)

Hindsight's a wonderful thing.