Today’s MotM

I thought that was Jack's best game for us and I still wouldnt have him as MOTM. On a dismal team performance such as this (first 20 mins apart which I quite enjoyed), it is hard to get inspired to present a MOTM gong, but the only time we seemed to get the ball moving with enough speed and accuracy was when Barisic and Grezda were given the ball in a bit of space down the left. So either of them for me. Arfield had a quieter game than normal but was still the pick of the midfield 3, and Candieas, goal apart, was poor going forward but is one of the best defensive wingers I have ever seen. Shame thats not his main job.

It was noticeable the amount of forward possession that Hamilton had on their left wing after Candeias went off. Jack has the ability to play whatever role the manager asks of him - he played at least three different roles on Saturday and acquitted himself well in each of them. It's clear some people just don't fancy him and won't rate him however well he plays, which is OK but hardly helpful.

Edited by Bill