Jose Mourinho Sacked

41 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

That would seem unlikely to me. United are stressing that a new appointment among other things has to embrace and be capable of implementing the traditional attacking style of the club which obviously suggests that Mourinho is not that kind of manager. Wouldn't Madrid want that same philosophy?

It's not as if Mourinho has been limited in any way by budget or being in an unattractive league or leading an unfashionable club. United are at the top of the tree regarding all of these factors and he still couldn't deliver.

It's being stated by the 'experts' that Mourinho is adhering to an outdated aesthetically unattractive style of football and appears incapable of transitioning to the more modern pressing style of say a Klopp. Yesterdays man so to speak and I don't see Madrid going for yesterdays man.

Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer being touted as interim manager. The Norwegian season has closed for a Winter break and wont resume till March. If that's the way they go I feel Solskjaer would jump at the chance to prove he can cut it at the top level. Plus his United background would be appealing for both him and the club.

Its been coming. Mass division in the camp.

They are very much liverpool after the 90s period.

Man U have to get the next appointment right they cant become a chopping and changing club. I wonder if Giggs is the right one but Mo Po is favourite.

Pogbas reaction on the pitch now should be interesting.

Man Utd appear to confirm Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as interim manager in website post

Manchester United appear to have confirmed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as interim manager at Old Trafford.

There has been no official announcement that the Norwegian is taking over from Jose Mourinho, who was sacked earlier on Tuesday.

But a page on the club's website referred to their ex-striker as "our interim manager". It was later deleted.

More

Just now, compo said:

Looks like their old striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has got the job until the end of the season don't envy him his task .

Molde to Manchester United, nae bother !

At this stage, it's about man-management and putting square pieces in square holes.

I think he'll get an upturn in results.

Solskjaer remains Molde boss -- while the Norwegian season has ended, it starts in April, so I wonder how they'll resolve that?

He brings Mike Phelan with him; I can see them steadying the ship, and bringing an upturn in results, but they're not getting top 4.  

Jose Mourinho at MUFC
Time in charge: 3 years
Money spent: £369m
Trophies won: 3
Best finish: 2nd
Hugs given: zero

Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool
Time in charge: 4 years
Money spent: £400M
Trophies won: 0
Best finish: 4th
Hugs given: 510,000,000