[FT] Hibernian 0 - 0 Rangers

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It is an issue but we were very unlucky tonight so I'm not going to be too harsh.

That's the level of intensity we have to play at every week and the goals will come.

I'm tired of hearing how unlucky we've been Frankie sure there was a decent penalty claim as it was a blatant hand to ball but I'm sick of it if we're creating 20-25 chances a game and we should be scoring at least one of them. To then claim its unlucky in my opinion is naive. its poor finishing and lack of composure mate and as Craig says above the manager needs to find it somewhere either in the transfer market ready for next season or come January with a Bosman or loan player to see us through to next season.  

3 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

We had 14 or 15 corners which save Tav's corner early on were all delivered on a plate for anyone with the smarts to get on the end of, We also played some beautiful crosses into the box from both left and right side but still no one could get on the end of any of them. We played them on the break at times and again other than one or two shots that were smashed at the goal and cannoned off a Hibs body no one was composed enough to simply pass the ball into the net. We've got some serious problems in the last third when we came make loads of good chances yet cant score 1 goal from any of them. 

I would refer to Gaffer's excellent post earlier in the week about corners. We need to be smarter than simply supplying the same cross in all the time. When we get a corner I never think anything will happen 

5 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I'm tired of hearing how unlucky we've been Frankie sure there was a decent penalty claim as it was a blatant hand to ball but I'm sick of it if we're creating 20-25 chances a game and we should be scoring at least one of them. To then claim its unlucky in my opinion is naive. its poor finishing and lack of composure mate and as Craig says above the manager needs to find it somewhere either in the transfer market ready for next season or come January with a Bosman or loan player to see us through to next season.  

Other than one or two poor finishes, we were unlucky though and that's part of the game.

Of course we need to improve our finishing and I've been on record since July saying we needed another quality striker but sometimes you just don't get the rub of the green and that was the case tonight.

I would again also agree we lack composure and awareness at times and often take the wrong decision but I'm hoping that will come as well.

23 minutes ago, craig said:

We absolutely pummeled them in the time I watched - started watching at about 25 minutes.

As Andy Little said on RTV - Hibs are doing nothing but feed off scraps.  We pummeled them.

How Thomson doesn't see that stone wall handball is criminal.  I'm actually seething at how often "honest mistakes" are happening against us and how many points they are costing us.  Thomson is literally staring that one down.

I thought you had a man love with Kevin as well.:D