[FT] Hibernian 0 - 0 Rangers

We should have won that game. Jack was a class above anyone else in the middle. How Tav missed right in front of goal is beyond me. I thought Candeias had a really poor game, which I don't think we will say too often.

We need to start finding ways to win these games if we are going to challenge 

Edited by Whosthedado

27 minutes ago, craig said:

Whilst that's a decent statement it also shouldn't be forgotten that this very same Hibs team beat Celtic at the weekend and, from what I have read, could have won 3 or 4-0.  Yet tonight we absolutely schooled them.

Tavernier's was the best chance IMO.  All he has to do is place the ball either side and completely airswipes it.

Yes but that’s not how football works, teams can pull a performance out of the bag, and maybe they were fatigued, but they gave us more chances than almost anyone this season. I forgot about his chance, I agree. 

Whilst I think most players performed well tonight and we did so much right it’s not a coincidence or bad luck that we didn’t  score.  There was a lack of composure in front of goal from Morelos, Candeias, Grezda and Tavernier tonight. They all seemed to just put their head down and blast it with their chances (apart from Tav who just buckled). It may be lack of confidence or just not being able to handle pressure or just lack of quality. The top players have nerves of steel and stay cool as ever to slot home when in the position some of these guys were in tonight. Dare I say it, a certain Josh Windass would have definitely put some away. For all his faults he was exceptional at keeping cool when through on goal. 

Edited by DMAA

11 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Also when you see Joe Worrel is coming on for Gareth McAuley

giphy.gif

To be fair to Worrel, we looked less vulnerable when he came on. McCauley is an old head but he very slow on the ground. Worrel is also less inclined to go long which I like.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Other than one shaky moment almost as soon as he came on, Worrall did fine - as did the rest of the defence for the most part but HIbs will argue they could have had a goal or two themselves.

Are you talking about the one where headers, rather than kicks, a ball at knee hight in the centre circle straight to a hibs player or one of the different ones? :D;) 

And I don’t know what’s wrong with Grezda. I’ve been a big advocate of him because I think he possesses the quality but he really isn’t performing. You can see he has it in him but he makes poor decisions and loses composure with general slackness. He needs to get it sorted fast. 

4 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Are you talking about the one where headers, rather than kicks, a ball at knee hight in the centre circle straight to a hibs player or one of the different ones? :D;) 

Totally agree I was screaming at him for that.

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Other than one shaky moment almost as soon as he came on, Worrall did fine - as did the rest of the defence for the most part but HIbs will argue they could have had a goal or two themselves.

The narrative has already been set. They were robbed by the ref. Unbelievable considering what they got away with.

I wish we had more players who showed the heart McCrorie does.  He isn't the best footballer in the world but, by Christ, he tries his heart out.

Morelos was our best player tonight with Barisic and Jack not far behind.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I thought Grezda did okay tonight.  We looked good down the left and rubbish down the right.

The lad needs time to adapt but he has already shown he can take on Scottish defenders. 

Yes Candeias was very poor tonight. I agree with Craig we should have had a stonewall penalty and Porteous should have had red for that tackle. I defence for that Scott Brown should have seen red on Saturday when he took the Hibs player out the game.