[FT] Hibernian 0 - 0 Rangers

Just now, DMAA said:

It’s agonising. Yes we dominated and had all the chances but this isn’t last year’s Hibs team. They are 8th for a reason and you could really see that tonight. Some good performances out there but there were some gilt edged chances that should not have been missed. Candeias’ one was the best chance, he just had to place it. 

Whilst that's a decent statement it also shouldn't be forgotten that this very same Hibs team beat Celtic at the weekend and, from what I have read, could have won 3 or 4-0.  Yet tonight we absolutely schooled them.

Tavernier's was the best chance IMO.  All he has to do is place the ball either side and completely airswipes it.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It’s agonising. Yes we dominated and had all the chances but this isn’t last year’s Hibs team. They are 8th for a reason and you could really see that tonight. Some good performances out there but there were some gilt edged chances that should not have been missed. Candeias’ one was the best chance, he just had to place it. 

This Hibs team just beat St Pats' FC, we haven't done that yet!

2 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

We were better than them in every department tonight except for one and its starting to become a problem for me Frankie 2 goals in 450 minutes of football is certainly nowhere near what is required as far as I'm concerned.

I am sure the manager recognizes that too - for sure, he has said it often enough in recent post match interviews.  I am sure he will be looking for a prolific striker in the window.

2 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

We were better than them in every department tonight except for one and its starting to become a problem for me Frankie 2 goals in 450 minutes of football is certainly nowhere near what is required as far as I'm concerned.

It is an issue but we were very unlucky tonight so I'm not going to be too harsh.

That's the level of intensity we have to play at every week and the goals will come.

Very frustrating indeed. Alfie's all round play was truly excellent tonight but I couldn't help think if a Kenny Miller or a Kris Boyd had been on the end of all those chances we would have won that game by 4. We played well enough but it just cements my opinion that our team is full of decent but very average players. We seriously lack genuine quality all over the park (especially in the front 6)

PS. How was that not a penalty? He obviously moved his arm towards the ball

We had 14 or 15 corners which save Tav's corner early on were all delivered on a plate for anyone with the smarts to get on the end of, We also played some beautiful crosses into the box from both left and right side but still no one could get on the end of any of them. We played them on the break at times and again other than one or two shots that were smashed at the goal and cannoned off a Hibs body no one was composed enough to simply pass the ball into the net. We've got some serious problems in the last third when we came make loads of good chances yet cant score 1 goal from any of them.