“Stupid woman”

Uproar in the Houe of Commons at Prime Minister’s Questions when Mr Corbyn appeared to mouth “stupid woman” to himself at the end of one of the PM’s answers.

I wonder if there would be similar outrage if  Mrs May had muttered “stupid man”?

What’s wrong with having an opinion?  He didn’t even look at her when he said it.  

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The problem would be that many of his supporters would instantly look like hypocrites.

Shouldn't that be ... "would instantly be exposed as hypocrites" ... ?

Corbyn is a stupid man. 

Let’s go with the weight of evidence from lip-readers that under his breath he said “stupid woman” to himself, not to Mrs May, not to the House, not even to a colleague. No problem with that, surely. So, what does he do? He denies it. That’s where he’s gone wrong.

He should have said: “Mr Speaker, exasperated by the lack of a substantive reply from the Prime Minister, I uttered ‘stupid woman’ to myself. While I doubt the wisdom of many of her policies I can make it clear she is not stupid and I apologise for having offended honourable and right honourable members opposite.”

Situation defused instead of dragging on to today.  It’s comparatively low key in contrast to the screaming and fainting from the sisters on the Labour benches if Johnston had said something similar about Diane Abbott.

Edited by Scott7

Just as well there isn't currently any pressing business for the political classes in the UK.

Let's them get on with 'NothingGate' or is it 'Muttergate'..........perhaps they are really considering options for the border between N.I. and Ireland but it's all in lip reading code.

I found it highly ironic that Andrea Leadsom got up to speak about  'Stupid Woman'. I guess there is nothing like hearing from someone with deep experience. Talking of which, what we need now is for Boris Johnson to give us the lowdown on this other phrase 'Stupid People'.

Maybe this is all a cunning plan hatched by Jeremy...............

Edited by buster.