Rogic Out Of Match On 29th

GRAHAM ARNOLD thought he’d be thanked for doing Celtic and Hibs a favour.

Instead, the Australia boss found himself Public Enemy No1 at Parkhead and Easter Road.

Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon both publicly slammed Arnold after realising key players would miss derbies with Rangers and Hearts.

The Socceroos have demanded Tom Rogic, Martin Boyle, Jamie Maclaren and Mark Milligan head to the Asian Cup on Thursday.

But a bemused Arnold insists he should be PRAISED for bending the rules to let players stay for Boxing Day.

He told SunSport: “I don’t know how much more I can do for the clubs. I feel I’ve been extremely fair in relaxing the meet-up date.

Tommy and the Hibs boys are missing one game. Using the Fifa rules, it should really be two.

Celtic will have Tommy available for a really big away game at Pittodrie against Aberdeen.

“The Australian Federation could demand he misses that, but we haven’t. It’s the same with the Hibs players. They can play against Rangers and then travel.

“Under Fifa rules, I would normally have gathered the players together on Christmas Eve.

“But I am aware that Boxing Day is a big deal for the clubs in Britain.

“I could have made the players miss those games but I didn’t. Instead, I looked at a cut-off point after the fixtures on December 26.

“Let’s also be clear . . . I didn’t make the draw for the Asian Cup. I didn’t decide when the tournament is held.

"I didn’t decide the Scottish Premiership fixtures that meant Celtic would play Rangers on December 29.

“And I didn’t decide the Fifa rules that mean we have a right to call players up before the tournament.

“The reality is other nations are gathering their squads earlier than we are — and are playing games.

“We have ONE friendly ahead of a tournament that is our European Championships. What would the Scottish fans be saying if they were in this position going into the Euros?

“I understand clearly the pressure club managers are under and I sympathise, but I have my own job to do with Australia. I have the entire Australian public to answer to.

“The Asian Cup is a big deal for our country.”

Rodgers and Lennon both questioned the communication between Arnold and the clubs.

The Socceroos boss visited Lennoxtown and East Mains a few months ago and the Asian Cup was discussed. But Rodgers has stated he didn’t know Rogic would miss the Ibrox trip.

Lennon also claimed Arnold “moved the goalposts” when it came to taking all his players.

Arnold, though, refutes that and says he has always been open with the clubs.

He added: “I made it clear to Celtic quite a while ago that Tom would be expected to travel.

“We decided a cut-off date for everyone and made that clear

“I communicated the message very well to all the clubs.

“The only club that has really come back to us has been Celtic.

“I understand they have a big game but maybe if they were playing Dundee, not Rangers, then nothing would be said.

“In my view, Hibs completely understand. I told Neil Lennon what I had to do. I explained it’s a rule for one, a rule for all. I have never heard anything back from Hibs.

“They have accepted it and moved on. Every other club has, apart from Celtic, who have gone public.

“Brighton are losing Matty Ryan, Hull City are losing Jackson Irvine and QPR will be without Massimo Luongo.

"I had a meeting with the senior players at the last gathering and we discussed the situation.

“They wanted to spend Christmas with their families and the British-based guys want to play on Boxing Day. I agreed to that.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3663619/australia-graham-arnold-celtic-brendan-rodgers-hibs-neil-lennon/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1545604637

Rogic seems to have had issues for a while now and doesn't often play a full 90 minutes.

It was in the national interest that he didn't play in the game at Ibrox rather than he be available for the friendly match.

They want him fresh for the competitive games.

In other words, Sutton is talking out of his erchie and is either thick, looking for attention or both.

Just now, buster. said:

Rogic seems to have had issues for a while now and doesn't often play a full 90 minutes.

It was in the national interest that he didn't play in the game at Ibrox rather than he be available for the friendly match.

They want him fresh for the competitive games.

In other words, Sutton is talking out of his erchie and is either thick, looking for attention or both.

Oh he is 100% definitely both!